Reincarnation and end of the human race?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Iceman420, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Firstly, I would like to say, this discussion is only for the people who believe in or have suspicion/interest of the idea of reincarnation.

Now to the topic. I've been doing a lot of research on Astral Projecting, Remote viewing, and all that good stuff. I've always had a huge interest in the conscience in general.

According to many people who have Astral traveled or meditated for a long time, they have been able to see their "past lives". I was thinking earlier today, lets say reincarnation is completely true, what would exactly happen if all of the human race died out? Would the process of Reincarnation end?

What would happen if all living things on this planet seized to exist also?

2. Well, this planet is not the only planet that life exists on. There's a whole universe out there we don't know about.

3. ^^ That. There are millions of places in the universe, both physical, astral, and causal, that beings are born into and come from.

4. So if we destroyed everything in the universe would we kill god?

5. No. God exists outside of the universe. He can't be killed, nor can our souls. If the entire universe was blinked out of existence right now we would all still exist, and so would God.

6. You better believe it, papason God gone tan your hide!!

7. Well I guess a more scientific way to look at reincarnation could be that the nutrients and matter that go into creating our bodies having cycled through generations of lifeforms before they came together and formed us, so I suppose some spiritual element to those previous creatures could also linger in us as well?

8. This view presupposes only 1 universe. How do you know there aren't infinite universes? If there are infinite universes and only 1 gets destroyed, then it doesn't kill god anymore than you dying kills god.

Another way to look at it is that there's this little ball of energy that resides in your heart that we can call a "soul" and it's currently undetectable by science. When you die, the physical stuff does what it does, but the little energy ball in you which is the REAL you can still keep going on in another vessel....

This way, physicality remains illusory the way buddhists and many other systems of belief say it is and you don't have to bother with wondering if you're the residue of a million creatures worth of spiritual farts in your general direction haha...

Namaste
    -buddha

9. Yes, that sounds very pretty, but I think the only reason people believe in an extraphysical "soul" is that it causes them anxiety to think about death as their consciousness and self simply ending. People want to believe we are more than our bodies and the physical world, but in reality, whether we like to think about it or not, we probably are not. Also, if any kind of soul resided in a specific part of our human bodies, it would probably be either our heads or our penises over the center of blood flow.

I think a lot of religious people assume that others can simply change their minds at will and block out an idea that they think might be true. I don't have to bother wondering anything I suppose, but this is the idea that pervades my philosophy because I believe it is valid, not because I simply chose it.

10. Nice n thoughtful reply overall. Thanks.

The funny thing here is that those people who I've seen and heard have the strongest belief in an 'extraphysical' soul seem to be the most serene people around. Where did the anxiety go? Is it possible the anxiety goes away once you remove doubt? And btw, i might be wrong here, but i believe it's impossible to "want to believe" things. Belief is black and white. (one of the few things i believe to be black and white) You believe or you don't believe. Belief requires conviction (ie the absence of doubt).

Part of my insistence on the soul being located where it is, is because it's a more vital organ than a head or a penis. You can live without a penis. Not fun sure, but you can. And also, you can keep going while brain dead. Again not fun, but you can. When blood flow stops, you STOP. See my line of reasoning here? The soul lives where the functions are most vital. It is fitting that it's seat is the center of blood flow control of the entire system. It is the heart which connects the brain and the penis. The other two bodies parts cannot say the same and both are helpless without the heart. What good is the brain or penis if it doesn't get any blood? When people fall in love, they feel it the strongest in their heart, not their head or their penis. Why is that i wonder?

I might be a little slow today, but you're making a distinction between belief and choice? What's the difference? You choose to believe what you believe. And you believe in what you choose. Or am i wrong? How do you know your philosophy is valid? Or at least valider than other philosophies? Belief right?

Namaste
    -buddha

11. Well, the anxiety goes away because they feel that they are more than their bodies. They feel that death is not the end of their being, and they no longer need to fear it, at least as much. That doesn't make it any more true.. as the old saying goes, ignorance is bliss.

You can live while certain areas of the brain are damaged, sure. But the heart cannot beat without the medulla oblangata's regulation. Our bodies are a system of organs dependent on one another, and without one of the vital portions of our bodies we cease to be. If you remove the stomach, or the lungs, or the throat, or the diaphragm of a human being it will die, and that conscious being who was that person is no more. And as long as you asked, people feel love in their heart because their brain sends a signal to increase heart rate because the person is excited. Also, some probably do feel it strongest in their penis.

I do not know that my philosophy is valid, but I believe that it is. I don't believe in this because I chose it intentionally, it is simply what makes sense to me, and there is nothing I can actively do to change that to another belief. Sure, certain beliefs make certain people happy, and they can be different than others which make others happy. It doesn't make either more valid or true than the other.

12. you're assuming that life only exists on earth and nowhere else in the insanely vast universe which i'm inclined to believe was here before the big bang which was just some super massive black hole reaching critical mass like the unseen ones pulling us faster & faster apart to munch on us until it's their turn to fart out the next universe

maybe reincarnation is possible, but i think that our souls are able to transcend time and space when not connected entirely to our physical bodies

13. if their is reincarnation and this is the case, i'm choosing to go to a different planet, fuck coming back to earth and all the bull shit going on here. you can count me out lol

14. You can't choose. Where you go is determined by your karma.

15. all of reality is alive and it never dies... it just always changes

16. not true. i was given the choice to stay on the other side, but then maybe THAT becomes your kharma. i don't know if that's technically re-incarnation either

17. i heard that once you reach enlightenment that you break the cycle of karma that bounds you to earth....

18. i'm really smart! i'm sooooooooooo close! LOL

19. I talk to God directly... I sat under a tree and became enlightened... make your life heaven if you are in hell because you have control of your reality and the Kingdom of Heven is on earth so might as well become adept to your reality and love it as your home in every circumstance.

20. You can call me a scientist of sorts because in about 50 to 60 years from now I plan to test the theory of reincarnation for myself.