Regulating Humidity

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThurgoodJenkinz, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Humidity can play an important part in the growing process, increasing humidity is rather easy and inexpensive for good results, but lowering humidity can be a struggle.

Dehumidifiers are great, but I've seen a few issues when comparing.  The larger dehumidifiers 40-80+ pints are programmable, this means the dehumidifier will regulate the humidity for us.. but these seem much too large for small/medium grow room.  Small dehumidifiers < 18 pints, seem to only have on and off settings.  There are controllers you can buy to shut off at a certain humidity, but these can be very pricey.

So, what are some good options to regulate humidity in a 125ft^3 - 500ft^3 (fairly small) area?

2. to each his own, but a better approach in my opinion is to adapt your growing technique to your growing environment rather than trying to change your growing environment. And that includes temperature, humidity and especially ph

3. Lotek, you do realize that you can't adapt to mold or other issues associated with high humidity...right?

4. I don't worry about humidity at all...unless it's too high.

I look at humidity like I look at co2...I know they both will increase yields. Yet I don't worry about them because not being worried about them won't have a negative impact on my plants....I feel like having a grow with perfect humidity and perfect co2 levels is far more trouble then it's worth. I just grow weed...and my weed grows amazingly well without any extra humidity concerns or co2.

5. air conditioning is your best bet..

dehumidifiers create a shitload of heat...

6. How low is too low with humidity? I live in a very dry place and the RH sits at about 30%

7. #8 Brother Urb, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014

This.

My portable AC unit doubles as a dehumidifier.  And conveniently I don't even have to empty it I just put a hose going straight into the drain it drips 1 drop per second.

8. During flowering you want the humidity as low as possible. During veg having it higher is not a bad thing. I live in Sac and routinely have low humidity in my room. It has never been an issue as far as I know. In fact I have never had an issue with PM so I like to think it has helped out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.