Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

regs/mids -> Dank?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by OGMasterKush, Oct 20, 2006.

1. yo guys, i just got an idea, maybe a little bit half baked, but hear me out.

To my knowledge, the main thing that seperates the difference between low grade weed and high grade weed is the time that the bud was given to dry/cure.
    Would it be possible to buy mids or something, then put it in a glass jar or paper bag or something for a couple of weeks, and then it will come out more dank.
    Not neccessarily really dank bud, but to a point where its worth doing it?

Has anybody thought of this/ Done this/ Have some input?
    thanks guys

2. I think if you put weed in a paper bag for a week it would just sit there and maybe grow mold.

3. thats a little farfetched, thats a method of curing bud in the first place.

ive never had mold grow on any of my bud either, and that goes for same stuff that i forgot about in my drawer, a few weeks later its fine, just dryer.

4. as long as the weed isnt real wet to begin with, it should make it tase better and be more potent. I bought a half ounce last night and its currently sitting in a mason jar with a lil rice in the bottom. I got it from a friend who grew it outside, its sativa so the buds were kinda loose, but they are soo sticky that after a night in my pocket they are nice and tight. So im gonna let em cure for a while and dry out a bit more.

Mason jars work best for curing, i add a lil rice to absorb a lil water and keep things fresh. It wont turn mids to dank, but it will be more potent and a bunch smoother depending on how long you leave it. The key is to open it ever few days when you first start the process to get fresh air in!

5. i think something else that has to do with it is first of all alot of it isnt femenized of course, meaning it has seeds which effects the quality and also the fact that they dont pay much attention to each plant cause there is so many....

6. thanks man, ill keep this in mind.

7. Theres a lot more to dank than the curing time. Its about the way it was grown, the seeds it came from and the strain it came from. If your gettin schwag or even mids that come from schwag or mid seeds your not gonna get dank outta that. and having seeds in your bud doesnt take away from the quality, its just a nusence. Curing it for a little longer may do something, but i wont get it that much better. be sure to use a jar, not just a paper bag for curing though.

8. isnt potent equall to dankness? if you have a potent stash, its dank, correct? lol ive never heard of curing it to make it danker, but it does make it smoother when burned, also if it is too dry it will kill your throat so keep an apple peel in the bag a few hours before you smoke it to keep it nice and smoothly moist