Regrow from stem help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrmoo2u55, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I recently finished harvesting (not all at once, over a few weeks) and i trimmed the plant down to a 6" stem. This plant has given me some scary problems in the past and I wasn't even able to clone it but I don't have any other options than to regrow the main plant. It's just a stem and a few withering leaves but the root structure should be just as intact as when the large (2ish foot) plant was producing buds. Am I fucked? The stem is green-yellow so I assume its not totally toast yet...worried tho. It was 12/12 for the flowering and harvesting period and I set it back to 18/6 for vegging.

any replies and tips are warmly welcomed and appreciated.

2. If it doesn't have any good leafs it's probably just gonna die... it needs leafs to regrow.. you can't take everything off it and expect it to re-veg.. the stem doesn't collect light.. it needs light to re grow... if the withered leafs on it are still partially alive it MIGHT re grow, I don't think it will though. It has lost it's flowers and and good percent of it's stock, the plant knows it's finished and can't do anything else. I would bet money it's not gonna re-veg

3. I agree you should always leave a few popcorn buds to reveg.

Post a picture maybe it's not as bad as we think.

I've left just one small bud on some of my girls and successfully grew a strong plant.

4. wow i've heard of cloning but i've never heard of this method, good luck op

5. I've done this same thing and it definitely needs at least one bud left on it.... without leaves it will just die off man...sry...

6. Yeah it's not just a bare stem, there's a few small buds left on it, but they don't look too hot either. I guess I'll just have to keep it watered and see.

7. you should posts some pics so we can help you determine if it's a good idea to even let her live.

8. photo.jpg

here's the remains...this was my first grow so I fucked up probably everything but i got a pretty good sized yield, enough to carry me through summer at least :p i'm not a hardcore grower anyway. There's a little green left on the buds but the plant has looked the same for the last week or so.

(sorry it's sideways)

9. sorry, but I lol'd when I seen it. I dont think you have a change of it revenging. no leafs no photosynthesis no growth. sorry bud

10. i agree.
    that thing is donezo.

11. It's dead!!! Damn son you killed it!!! Lol

JUST BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

12. Actually, just to correct you on that one statement, stems actually do play a small part in photosynthesis!..a small part... =/ peace designerz

13. Yeh oh well. Thanks tho