Regret

Discussion in 'General' started by Rollin Cr00k3d, Mar 12, 2012.

1. How do you blades deal with regret in your life?

2. I guess I would have to say that you have to acknowledge, accept and let it go. You can't change the past, but you can change the present and therefore the future.

Regret can be miserable, but sometimes you can rectify the issue :)

My $0.02 :)

3. Its weird because when a portion of my life is filled with regret, eventually, when I snap out of it, I look back at this period of my life with regret.

4. I don't regret anything that made me smile. Sometimes I look back and think "damn, what was I thinking" haha

5. Accept it and learn from it.

6. You don't deal with regret - Regret is a sign you're already dealing with an issue.
    If it feels bad, it ought to.
    Feel it. Go through it.

7. I regret NOTHING.

Except eating way too much last night... My stomache hates me now.

8. See im not talking about just "ah damn i shoulda told my friend goodbye before he left" or "I shouldnt of spent all that money on beer" kinda shit. Im talking really fucked up things in my/your life that I/you have brought on yourself. How do you deal with this internally? I know you cant forget it, but how do you bring yourself to stop stressing over it?

9. op...i deal with regret some serious fuckups like so: try not to think about it

10. My opinioin is that their is absolutely no reason to regret anything. Even things that went badly or left you hurt and suffering help to create a perspective from which you can value other things in your life much more. Whats happened in your life creates who you are regardless of if you enjoyed it or not, so dont regret it. Just accept it, learn from it, and count your blessings!

Thats my opinion anyway!

11. What even is regret ?

Just a label , something your supposed to feel .

I wish I would have done certain things differently but I did what I wanted at the time .

I don't know . Life is just a learning process , you need regrets .

12. Look back, recognize mistakes made, and learn from said mistakes.

That's all you can really do.

13. [quote name='"Rollin Cr00k3d"']

See im not talking about just "ah damn i shoulda told my friend goodbye before he left" or "I shouldnt of spent all that money on beer" kinda shit. Im talking really fucked up things in my/your life that I/you have brought on yourself. How do you deal with this internally? I know you cant forget it, but how do you bring yourself to stop stressing over it?[/quote]

I've spent a lot of my life behind bars and on probation. I hurt my family more times than I can count, and I hurt my friends even worse.

I've done things I never got caught for, I feel even worse about those...

But you know what? It's life. You live and you learn. Our life experiences, good or bad, make us who we are.

The past can't be changed, you need to focused on here and now.. if you can maintain here and now, the future will make itself.

What works for me is to learn from it, then just put it out of your mind.

14. Pretty much what everyone else said, learn from your mistakes. I don't regret anything in my life(and I have done alot of stupid shit), in some way or another it's made me who I am today. Everything happens for a reason, imo.