Regenerating plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GodILoveWeed, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Ok so I have my super lemon haze and I didnt know if they were going to be worth sticking with or not. Also I was in a bit of a rush. Long story short I didnt make any clones.

I know regenerating takes time to bring them back but from you more experienced foks id like some tips on how best to do it since ive seen so many different ways of people doing it with mj with varying results.

Is it best to just snip the buds and leave the fan leaves without cutting the stalk? or cut the stalk (top 2/3) and leave some leaf and nodes at the bottom with the popcorn buds?

Any serious help would be much appreciated since id like to clone these in a month after harvest:wave:

2. Well I'm sure not one of the most experienced people here, but I have regenerated every crop I have ever done. Basically leave all the green that you don't have to cut off, like the fan leaves and stuff under the buds, then I turned the lights up till 24 hours a day until there was some normal growth happening then back down to 18/6.

I only experienced one plant that came out a little,,, well funny. Can't really describe it, and I wish I had taken pictures, but it was just weird looking tonnes of little skinny brances, weird amounts of leaves, funny bulging protuberances where the branches came from ect, but it still produced some good bud from the top so it was okay.

I also took a clone from it, it rooted but ever really got going, so something to remember. Maybe had it been a normal plant like the others it would have worked better.

Good luck

3. Will do that I was sure it wouldnt be best to cut off the stalk like id read but I dont know sure sure you know? Gonna try yourmethod. Id like to keep them as tall as they are and have a lot of areas to snip clones from.

What about the popcorn buds? is there any time I should harvest em? leave em on there? Snip em before I bring it back to 24 hour lighting? Better to snip or to leave them there?:confused:

Read a few things on that..leaving em there and never snipping them for whatever reason..leaving them for a month THEN snipping them..or just snipping them before you do the 24 hour lighting again

I dont know if they are going to draw juice from the plant and make it take longer to come back or what. ive used google plenty about this and everything is so damn vague

4. I cut the stock below where the buds were and from there two branches eventually grew, so like I topped it once on the original grow, then when I regenerated after harvesting I had 4 stalks which seemed to work pretty good. The grow pretty quick as well as the root structure is already mature.

I think I just kind of pinched the popcorn off leaving the leaves in tact. But quite honestly I can't remember, maybe 50/50? Depended on what it looked like, where they were and how much risk of breaking off an important source of green leaves.

What is most surprising is that their doesn't need to be that much healthy green leaves for it to regenerate. as long as there is some on each branch/stalk it seems to survive, I remember I had like 6 leaves left on one and it came back, not recommending it, and it was a small plant but it did come back for a second harvest.

Neat thing to see is that when it starts regenerating, the leaves come out with a single fan again, just like it's a seedling again, then they increase each time... kind of cool to watch.

Any way bro, hope this helps. Again take my advise with a grain of salt and don't blame me if anything goes wrong lol!

5. hey hey of course not! Im just asking for advice! you aint on the clock so how could I blame you! I think im gonna just pinch off all the buds and leave it be they are pretty huge plants and I want to make all 5 of em mothers cause im gettin an aquamist system and want a steady flow of clones comin in aint gonna rebud em just clones

if nothing else ive got 5 shots to make one come back for clones pretty good odds id say! thank you for your input dude I really appreciate it!:D

6. Oh yea, for sure if you have 5 plants I'm sure you will get one that comes back normal and good for clones.

I just remembered that the one that I took that rooted but never really took off was because I had it under too small of a light and it started flowering during the spring, then I tried to get it to stop and veg, but no go, even outside in full sunlight for 16 hours a day it just would not revert. So something to remember, they don't like flowering twice and then vegging again, just don't work. Flowering twice then going to that nice big MJ space in the clouds, yea, I think that's the way they are suppose to go, thanks for the memories baby:D.

Good luck, I'm sure it will work out well for you.

7. Thanks for the replies dude :D Yeah aint gonna flower em again just clone clone clone I can hope and pray all 5 survive mannnn id never run out of smoke again :smoking: