refrigerator grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chucky, Oct 21, 2007.

1. considering an indoor setup and want it done right. does 250w HPS sound about right for a standard size fridge? my biggest concern is ventilation leading to odor problems. ill make sure my exhaust moves more air than my intake as a start. will an ozone bulb and charcoal filter do the trick? what about putting some sort of ONA setup inside the box? any strains other than NL come to mind that have a less powerful scent? how big of a concern is heat? any cost effective ways to keep temps down? much thanks to anyone who can share their experience and general advice.

2. just so you know right away i dont have any experience in physically growing but i have the findamentals all down perfectly (no one was responding so i figured i would cause it sucks when no one answers)

for a refridgerator grow i would say the light sounds fine. if you are at all worried about space i would low stress train it, i just dont see any downsides to it. (maximize yield in a small space) ventilation is very important, i dont think you have to worry light leaks, fridge is perfect for that, you do have to create some sort of vent system though to get air in and out, probably have it open when the light is on so it doesnt get moldy

3. i grow in a mini fridge myself... works great if you can keep it ventilated properly... fridges work as an insulator, so i would be careful usin an HPS, as high temps could become a problem

4. what about keeping the fridge operational to control the temp?

5. how low of a cooling setting does the fridge have? haha

6. i think running the fridge would do more harm than good... too much condensation and moisture

7. what ok yea ???