Reframing Approach Anxiety

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by lightfiend, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helpful article on overcoming "Approach Anxiety."

"Approach anxiety is a common phenomenon, it occurs when we want to initiate a conversation with a new person but don't because of fear or worry. Often times these fears and worries stem from our belief system and perspective. But once we learn how to 'reframe' these situations – by looking at them from a new perspective – we can better motivate ourselves to act in more life-enhancing ways."

Source

2. pretty helpful. at the point i am in in my life i'm slowly starting to make similar realizations but that was very insightful, thanks.

3. fuck that article. march up, say hi. dont worry about the rest just be friendly and dont give a fuck. worst comes to worst, someone u ddidnt know ten seconds ago now slightly knows you and thinks your odd/weird/crazy....what have you.

to sum it up, who gives a fuck.

4. some people actually do give a fuck because meeting new people for some is deathly frightening. here, watch this and maybe you will be a little less ignorant. ‪Why Girls are Lions‬‏ - YouTube

this is not me condoning being a pussy when meeting new people. i am quite good when it comes to random people because of the genuineness of my speech, just a little harder when it's a female i am interested in. this is me saying not everyone thinks the way you do when it comes to meeting new people.

that was an informational link. unless you're 100 yrs old or wise beyond your years that link should have given you something to contemplate.

5. Dude come on man, get serious. Let's be real, judge people then talk to them then judge them again. If both are good, continue if not, tell em to eat a meaty.

6. #6 AbydeBySolace, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Fixed.

7. that's not cool. this happens to some people just conversing with any person, with no sexual feelings.

8. #8 AbydeBySolace, Jul 24, 2011
    Fixed.

9. lol you're really gonna troll me right now?

10. #10 AbydeBySolace, Jul 24, 2011
    Fixed.

11. 5char

12. #12 TheDankery, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    well, this topic clearly took a hostile turn somewhere

13. #13 AbydeBySolace, Jul 24, 2011
    Fixed.

14. 5char

15. My adversary has run out of ideas.

I win.

16. dream on cumwad, idk what your problem is. this thread was created to share positive ideas and you just talk shit so fuck yourself and grow the fuck up. bettering yourself isn't being a pussy, it's far from it. peace out, ignorant fool.

17. Touché

Douché

18. FUCK YOU!!!!... Im horrible at talking to the opposite sex, for me is like talking to a different species or something it's awful:(:mad:
    Eat a dick with aids on the tip faggot

19. #19 AbydeBySolace, Jul 25, 2011
    Maybe that's nature telling you your genetics don't belong anywhere outside your nutsack,oh excuse me,your ovaries.

Just sayin.

20. I thought AbydeBySolace's edit was funny.

Those of you taking offense should develop a sense of humor before you even think about approaching random females. With personalities like that.... no wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.