Reflexes while high

Discussion in 'General' started by Mosuko, Jul 10, 2012.

1. This has been on my mind for years, but when I get high, my reflexes go through the roof. I may knock a cup off the bench, and before I even have a chance to process whats happened, I've caught it mid-air and placed it back on the bench.

I've always been told that weed slows reflexes, but from my own experience, it enhances them. Now if we're talking about spatial awareness, that's a different story :p

Anyone else experience this, or care to suggest a reasoning behind it?

Peace :smoke:

2. I can't really because my reflexes get a LOT slower. I'll knock something off a table and only realise a few seconds after it has broken.

3. yeah bro thats why i love driving stoned. im aware az fuck even tho im zoned out.
    some people are different tho

4. When i first started smoking i was all slow and shit would knock shit everywere lol.But now im just used to it, Wouldn't say i have faster or slower reflexes when im stoned compared to when im sober.

5. Well I tweak so hard so yeah, my reflexes are pretty high when high ;)

6. Yea OP, I know exactly what you mean, been wondering myself.

7. Interesting note: It doesn't happen the first smoke after a T-break where I'm feeling jittery and really buzzed, I'm just a jittery, giggly mess at that point. It's after that feeling is gone and getting high is more relaxing/chill.

Same for those who experience this? That may have something to do with it.

8. Depends what I'm doing while high/blazing. If I'm sitting in my smoke room on my couch, watching youtube and hitting the bong.. my reflexes are going to be shit. But sometimes I go to my boxing classes stoned, and I swear I dodge more shit then usual.

9. True for me, also depends highly on the strain.
    Some Sativas buzz me like caffeine sometimes, I'd be very alert :smoking:

10. haha yeah I like to keep some of my bush sativa for when I need to get shit done. I love the energy boost I get from it

11. oh dear God de ja vu to the max.

I either dreamt this thread would happen or it happened like a year ago with like the same posters. Fuck man

12. I'm the same way. I think 30 years of playing video games high as hell has coupled my weed response with my quick twitch muscles :)

13. I've noticed my decisions are faster while smoking and doing something that requires a good bit of thought. My reflexes aren't faster while driving. I just make decisions quicker. Which could end up very bad(Making a right without looking left.)

But it helps with my job because I make the same decision alot quicker and in most situation their is only one or two solutions.

14. I dont think my reflexes are faster while properly stoned, but ever since I've become a heavy smoker I noticed the exact same thing the OP mentioned - I'm able to recover most things that I've knocked over before they hit the ground.

Swear I never used to be this fast

15. Are you sure you didn't just read it, go to the bathroom, and read it again?

I feel like my reflexes are improved by weed too, but I think its actually just because my short term memory gets so fucked up that I forget the space between item falling and me catching it.

16. I was at a BBQ last weekend and I was pretty buzzed but not super high. Some kids were playing ladderball and some of us adults were standing around talking and watching. My friends kid runs up to talk to her and just as she does, i see from the corner of my eye the balls flying right at the kids head. I reached out ninja style and grabbed them out of the air less than a foot from impact.
    Everybody stopped and stared at me like I just did a magic trick or something. I wanted to shout out "And thats what weed does to your reflexes!!!" but with kids and plenty of anti weed types around it just wasn't a good idea.

17. All the time. I'll be super high and catch something, thinking "I never would have caught that if I was mostly sober."

18. Caught a glass cup with my foot once while high ninja style

19. That's a good point. I do a lot of my gaming blazed as fuck as well. Maybe it is just muscle memory or something to that effect, I don't know.

With the driving thing, I know spatial awareness comes in to play there :p. I can see how easily I'd get into a crash driving high. You're too tunnel visioned to look around a lot of the time, but that's different from reaction time/reflexes.