Reflective paint

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by davidsilva1981, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Home Depot has Henrys roofing reflective paint. According to the specs it will reflect 97 percent of light, they have two types a rubber type and an oil base type that do the same thing. Instead of mylar and panda paper wouldn't it just be easier to use this get the reflections without the krinkles and get awesome results. Any advice on it, should I invest. The one gallon is 28 bucks and with the hvlp machine I can spray the whole grow box inside and out. I figured if I live the box chained and locked outside, it will help keep internal tempuratues down. I have also insulated my box with insulation foam to keep the warm air inside during the winter. I have the boxy in an apartment balcony so not worried about someone stealing.

2. If you have the money, I'd try it?

But, if not you can just buy white paint and it will reflect most of the light.

3. From the very start I've always used flat white paint, it always throws back 75+ of the light...and looks good and easy to clean, I say buy it get the oil based version, as it will be easier to clean ....4.75 is hell of a lot of white paint for a grow room, unless you are coming up to the big boys .....LOL!

peace
    "V"

4. Flat white paint can reflect up to 90% of the light believe it or not. Just stick with that its cheap. Not a tremendous amount of light is gained from reflecting it back. The important thing is not to have walls that absorb it.

5. I used the Mylar based roof coating to paint a whole room. Floor to ceiling. Not only is it 97% reflective. It is watertight as well. Cheers