Reflection inside of a closet.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ChillnSmoke, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I have a question about growing in a closet. Do the walls NEED to be painted white, or use reflective panels? I am growing with just the wood finish, and it seems to be working O.K. But I'm wondering if this is a major factor in growing faster.

2. im using foil for mine and its been a month 2 weeks and 13 days and mines now reaching 7 inches tall 7 inches wide but mylar material is effective and also white plastic sheeting like the photography material for the flash of the camera and last but not least yes the painted walls but make sure u leave the room to dry n air out over about 2 weeks maybe a bit less........

3. Mines around 4 weeks veg state, and the same size as yours, but the hanging lights are directly 4 inches above the plant, it's working quite well. It's so exciting when you get them 2nd set of leaves growing. What seeds are you using?

4. it was a seed out of a bag of smoke i had gained from a freind but just potted it after leaving the seed inside wet toilet paper then it came up after about a week. i have no idea what the seed is or what the plant type is. i got fed up of waiting n waiting so i stuck it in flowering after a month 2 weeks its been in flowering now for about 3 or 4 days :Dproblem is im keepin my fingers crossed cos i dont know if its female or male yet lol mine must be growing quite quick is yours only grown at the second set of leaves????

5. Yeah, and same with the seed. I think seeds you get out of bags of bud grow slow for some reason.

6. well yours is at the second set of leaves and mine has a row of 17 leaves and now growing new stems :cool:dont think the seed in the bag motto works lol:Dplus im using miracle grow every month also mixed in with the water when i spray it every 2 days.top leaves now have 7 leaves per leaf.take alook in the set up section and look at my post "bigbuds growroom before hps"the leave u see on there is the 12th row up..

7. Ahh, I'm using 2 4 ft CFL bulbs. How far are you into veg? I'm 4 from seeds.

8. 55 days from seed had it in veg for just over a month now its in flowering for about 3 weeks to show its sex....hopefully fingers crossed...due to be gettin a hps growlight so will have to rearrange growroom ...:cool:

9. they dont NEED to be painted white/have a reflective surface, its just a way of providing more light to lower parts of the plants etc., not really a must imo.

10. oh i know that yes but i use foil for reflective reasons but apparantly that conducts heat but also is not that reflective but i cant reveal where im putting the plant next but its timber and that wouldnt be reflective so will be painting wood white just for reflection.....i take it the paint would be gloss as thats shiny yes??nice to get some experience and ideas from a scottie too..... scotland is one amazing place,,,,

11. If you want to paint the walls, use flat white paint. It's more reflective than glossy

12. its wood im painting not walls but thank u for the tip most appreciated:cool:gettin the stuff tommorow!!