Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Reefers

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Siberian_Toast, Jun 18, 2010.

1. I came up with the idea for and made these weed treats for my buddies this past christmas and they were a hit with the group, and since I can't remember ever seeing anything similar around here, I thought I'd share. These treats are a tasty blend of sweet and salty, and aren't too bad on the budget.

This is a fairly general recipe, as I am assuming that those who try it will know how to proportion their ingredients properly (for ex. you would know not to melt the entire package of almond bark if you were only making two or three of these. You would of course know you only need about one square). Treat it as though you are making a firecracker.

Ingredients:

Ritz Crackers
    1 jar Marshmallow Creme
    1 jar natural peanut butter (the kind that has the oil on top)
    Coconut Oil* (optional)
    White/Chocolate Almond bark (You can use any type of chocolate you like, but this is a cheap and easy way to do it)
    1 or more grams of good quality, finely ground bud (shwag type shit wont usually cut it unless you are planning to make and eat a lot of them)

As I said before, treat it as though you were making a firecracker, and ration your ingredients according to how many you want to make.

1. Pre-heat the oven to 325

2. First off, mix up the peanut butter so that the oils are spread evenly throughout the mixture. Then mix your coconut oil (about 1/2-1 tsp per reefer) in with the peanut butter, and spread the mixture over the (bottom) crackers.
    3. Sprinkle the finely ground bud over the crackers and set aside.**

4. Next, spread the marshmallow creme over the top crackers. Once finished, press the two halves together and bake for 20-25 minutes (the longer you can push it, the better, but don't singe them. Wrapping them in tin-foil is optional, but I would suggest it for the sake of an easy clean-up)

5.When the crackers have finished, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool to room temperature. In the meantime, melt the almond bark in a dish that will allow for easy dipping.

6. Once the crackers have cooled, dip them in the bark and set aside to allow it to harden (I use a candy dipper, but a fork will suffice, and a plastic fork with the center prongs broken off will work even better. This allows the excess to drip away better than a metal fork with all the prongs).
    Once the almond bark has cooled and set***, sit back with a glass of milk and munch away.

*Coconut oil averages 90+% in saturated fats. The higher the SF content, the more THC extracted and bonded to catch a ride into your system. I use this kind of oil because it has a pleasing taste for sweets (and it keeps plain old firecrackers moist) and because it is one of the healthier oils.

**If you have trouble or would like to save a little time on the end product (since you wont have to wait on the crackers to cool in addition to the cook time), mix your peanut butter, oil, and bud together in an oven safe dish (I use a glass bread pan) and bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes. Then slather it over your crackers, put the marshmallow creme on the other half, slap them together, and dip 'em. This method will also solve any marshmallow creme problems you may encounter (my friend always seems to burn hers when she tries to make it my way. I've never done it, but I'm also a goddess in the kitchen so...lol)

***If you like, you can double dip these for extra coating. I've dipped mine first in white almond bark, and then done the second coat in chocolate. When I made my first Reefers as gifts over the holidays, I dipped them half in the white bark and half in the chocolate, then drizzled the excess over them with a fork for a nice presentation. There's a lot you can do with them, and they're fun to make, especially with a group.