Reefer madness

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1bakedpotato, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Y'all ever watch that shit? Like, is that what ultimately caused society (esp in america) to frown upon the herb?

Mind blowing shit

2. I've watched it a couple times...crazy shit. It shows the absolute power the authorities have over the minds of most of the people, and how they can absolutely warp public opinion without any regards to the facts. Many, if not most, people haven't made much progress since then. And now the government can push their propaganda more effectively than ever; Americans watch their propaganda-box, or I think they're calling it TV nowadays, 6 hours a day.

3. Watch the Movie Musical.
    It explains everything.

4. They're getting better at herding them behind empty, blank speeches, rallying them onto the front lines with guns to take down the opposition, and hyping them up with fright so that it's easy to take more of their freedom too.

Stay inside the fencing you sheep! Or the dogs will be sent on you!

5. [quote name='"TheJourney"']I've watched it a couple times...crazy shit. It shows the absolute power the authorities have over the minds of most of the people, and how they can absolutely warp public opinion without any regards to the facts. Many, if not most, people haven't made much progress since then. And now the government can push their propaganda more effectively than ever; Americans watch their propaganda-box, or I think they're calling it TV nowadays, 6 hours a day.[/quote]

I mean fucck, after smoking and watching that imagine how else it impacts us. Thats all i could think about 'shit, this worked... imagine what else they've done to shift opinions.'

Its mind rattling 'the soul destroying narcotic that is marihuana.. it is up to you! the people to make this narcotic illegal!' and our grand parents/great grand parents fell for that kinda shit. Now you see it in the news with the looming 'war with iran'

Makes me sick a lil bit.. but what can ya do

6. Yeah it's pretty fucked up how people fell sorta this kind of bullshit without any information backing up their half-assed claims, sucks that people totally felt for this without questioning.

I have been reading on the prohibition era when it first started 1930's and I believe that racism because remember it was popular with the Mexicans and Blacks (Renaissance Period in Harlem, New Orleans) and plus hemp was the main crop used in oil, clothes, rope and during this period "paper" and since William Randolph Hurst's tree-pulp paper lack in low quality he wanted to ban and prohibit Marijuana because of jealousy, after that Harry J.Anslinger came in the picture, he used yellow journalism and blantly ignorance to capture the public's eye with false stories "saying how it will cause blacks to rape white women", "murder" and they felt for it! From 1937 the sweet freedom of enjoying this plant was no more.

7. [​IMG]
    Its an intelligent satire, the performances might seem over the top but the film is a masterpiece of cinema.