"Red"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Trueblade, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Better than I expected. Kinda funny, Bruce Willis playing a typical Bruce Willis role, but that's why I like him anyway.

Few surprising action scenes. Good interplay between the main characters.

I mean, I'm not nominating it for an academy award or anything, but it was more entertaining than I thought it would be.

Also, it provoked the thought.....after a million movies that have some relatively super secret agent kidnapping an unsuspecting girl, who then goes on to be his partner (Knight and Day, for example, and 930483204 movies prior to it).....

Isn't the reality that deep down inside, anyone would love to suddenly get wrapped up in a big huge undercover scheme, flee and evade the bad guys, become a hero, and live happily ever after? That's the theme of the movies basically.

Me personally, if I was a chick, and some ex CIA covert operative kidnapped me by the name of Bruce Willis, and told me my life was in danger, and we were going to have to shoot people, and fight, and fly across the world to survive....I'd be pretty fucking happy with my life :)

Yeah know, until I died, which is what happens in reality....but we're talking movie worlds :)