Red stems and leaf veins

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ninob187, Sep 21, 2018.

1. So here i am growing green crack gorilla glue x white widow and nevilles haze, im in week 4-5 and now this shit started happening. Run off clicked in at about 12-1400ppm so i flushed it down to 8-900ppm with ph water at 6.2-_6.5. Leaves are yellowing and my girls look really sad. Im thinking of drying them out for 5 days then feed. I have a kind led set spectrum at 60/30/60. Temp in the tent at no more then 80°f plants dont seem to be eating mwybe lock out has occurred. I dont know. Any advice anyone!?! 1537498470281.jpg 1537498791998.jpg 1537498810392.jpg 1537498766924.jpg 1537498458113.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You can add a little epsom salt and it will help with the red stems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. I had flushed yesterday all the way to 8-900,ppm. Today i flushed again and it was up to 1400ppm. So i flush all the way down to 400ppm

4. I did add epsom salt

5. How long does it take to se results the leaves are yellowing bad

6. What type of grow media are you using? I would be more worried about the yellowing fan leaves than the purple stems. I’ve grown green crack and had slight purple stems regardless of what I did with my cal/mag dosage. I think it may just be the genetics of the plant. Maybe flush it really well, leave it for a bit to dry out then try to establish a decent ph level. Anytime I’ve had lock out it’s been from ph issues not nutrients. I grownin coco and have to constantly tweak my ph to keep my plant happy. A slurry test now and then helps with piece of mind. At least you know what the plants roots are working with.

7. In soil. I flushed it to 400 ppm on the run off. Let it dry for 3 days then fed her but dstill the same. The others are doing it to, gorilla glue x white widow and nevilles haze

8. My temps been at 80

9. Ph 6.2-6.5

10. Do the temps fluctuate or stay pretty steady at 80? I think at night when it’s lights out my tent might cool down a bit. I’ve read this may cause red stems? Either way I’ve never had any negative effects on the final product.

11. Temps stay at 80, i run at night when its cooler. Im using kind led k5 xl1000. All the plants are showing this even clones from the green crack. Im thinking about just doing a super flush down to 100ppm. And go from there..flowers arent gettin any bigger like they stopped growing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. That’s not a bad idea at all, it sounds like maybe the growth is stunting a bit due to a lockout? If it were me I would flush well and then start feeding them half strength neuts at a good ph level and ease back up to full strength slowly.

13. Here are the clones they look like shit but i gues theyre trying to get out of the solo cup

Attached Files:

14. Crazy cause i just flushed themthe clone run off was 1300ppm.

Attached Files:

15. Ya man, they looked like they’re locked out, keep flushing until the runoff comes down in ppm. That’s just my guess, anyone else have an idea??

16. I dropped them to 200ppm for now

17. What advice you have on green crack for week 5 and beyond

18. I had to flush mine around week 5 because my ph pen got out of calibration so I was feeding at like 5.6 ph in coco. Everything kind of stopped and I got a bit of yellowing. Then I flushed really well and started feeding them slowly once things dried out a bit working up to full nutes. Then I just watched the ph of my runoff closely to make sure my roots were still seeing a properly PhD water. It kind of just took care of it’s self after that to be honest. I just fed it regularly and flushed it at the end.