Red Spotting on Leaf

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Always-Dazed, Feb 25, 2007.

1. There is some slight yellowing on some of the leaves on this plant and this morning, one leaf had this red discoloration shown in the picture, it's something I have never seen before and was wondering what it was and what I can do to stop it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Id like to see a pic of the whole plant........and details of the grow

Whats the lowest temps........ when the lites are off

3. I'll give what details I can think of, if there is anything else that would be helpful to know, just ask. It's actually my roomate's plant so I haven't been paying much attention to it, I have my own babies to worry about. We discovered an old sealed up room through my roommate's closet a couple weeks ago so we moved the plants out of my closet into there. Finding that room is the most unreal thing that has happened to me in awhile, from what we can tell, it's been sealed up since 1967 at least.

Strain: G-13 bagseed
    Plant age: ~1.5 months (not sure exactly but that is probably within a week)
    Plant Stage: Vegetative
    Max temp: around 80-83
    Min Temp: about 68 at night
    Usual temp: 73-78
    Runoff PH: 6.6
    Last ferted: about 3-4 days ago
    Fert used: Fish Emulsion/half strength

Here are the full body shots of the little bitch. She looks horrible I know, she's had some rough times. One involving a vacuum cleaner and my dumb ass that shredded a few fan leaves but it recovered from that.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the help Guerrilla. Do you think the redness could be caused by the high acid content of the emulsion? Thank you for the fert recommendation too, I may look for that my next time out shopping.

5. I know most people on here are probably american .... and i was wondering what media your using ?... i see it a lot in peoples pictures ... it looks like an organic soil with perlite mixed in it but iam not sure ... personally iam not a fan of soils in hydroponics because you can't feed them full spectrum mineral salts which is the puriest and most refined ingredients you can feed your plants ... well you can ... but it tends to make soil go crusty and hard ... also creates ph and salt build up problems ... Hopefully your using coco-peat which you can feed mineral salts but it looks different ... You want to use inert soiless mediums which contain no nutrients what so ever ... coco-peat has its own range of full spectrum nutrients designed to handle its absorbsion propertys ... unlike soil, coco-peat can be flushed out easily which is important if you want to maintain the correct ratio's of nutrients... But if you want to make real money i would use a recirculating system in expanded clay

Man that room sounds cool :) ... that would of been a fuckin' awsome experience

6. After reading what i wrote i thought oooo maybe i might of upset americans .... Its just i know your laws are very harsh ... and this would create a market for products that don't have to be attended as often ... things like soils that have enough nutrients to last for a month ( i read this somewhere)... honestly you will never reach full potential with these gimic type products ... hydroponics is full of smoke and mirrors .... just pretty stickers and a cool story ...

7. I too experienced the red blotching, it appeared over nite, but I was so disenchanted with the results of the fish emulsion that I switched ferts....I never had this issue again?
    and there is another member here with the same issue as you and fish emulsion. and overnite red blotching..as you know

I see a possible pattern

I have 2 gallons of the shit , but , on the upside of things its a safe way to PH my water.