red rock opium/dragons blood insense

Discussion in 'General' started by waterhurley, Aug 23, 2006.

1. i just found some ole dragons blood insense (AKA red rock opium) i bought a ways back. well i smoked a litle bit of it. im noticing a bit of difrence in perception.

has there been any known connection to DBI and alteration in perception (nothing on erowid)? im feeling chiller now. i obught 2 oz's for 8 bucks a pop like 9 months ago back when the red rock thing was still flaoting around.

amybe this will help you understand http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/opiates/opiates_myth1.shtml

2. according to erowid it might have some pshycoactive properties, but i think its just the plecebo effect.

3. say what?

1. what is DBI?

2. how did you cop any drug for 8 dollars an oz?

3. i guess i dont know what substance youre talking about. can you elaborate.

4. DBI = dragons blood insence

its not an auctual drug. its inesence sold on the black market as a drug when really its just insence (plant resin acutually)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/opiates/opiates_myth1.shtml

5. ah, well then. i learned something today.

6. I really wouldn't smoke any of that..

7. Some kid in my school was trying to pass that stuff off as real opium. Needless to say, kids weren't too happy when it didn't do shit haha.

8. my friend gave me some red rock a few weeks ago, it was probably just a placebo effect, but when i smoked it it seemed to provide a mild buzz

9. eh im to strong willed and too much of a non-bealiver for it to be placebo. i know placebo.

10. [​IMG]Oh boy here we go again! First of all there is no opium in red rock opium! It is a resin like amber from a tree. The opium part of the name was given to it in the early 60's due to the light but mellow buzz that was OPIUM LIKE. You will get more opium out a bagle with poppy seeds! If you are a crack head or coke freak this stuff will be way too mild for your tastes. But if you are an avid cronic smoker crumble some on your herb and check out the buzz. I have smoked it in chunks and in a vaporizer. Works fine for me. Now as to the dragons blood inscence. Its not the same! That stuff is yellow to burnt orange in color. While made from the same resin it contains chemicals and is not a pure extract resin like red rock. If it is just the placeebo effect I can't figure out why I sell so much of it to repeat customers.

11. i know it has no relation to actual opium. however the dragons blood that comes from a plant, the plant may have brain reactions. im happy i have 3 oz's that i found out i got ripped off on but will still enjoy since i DID pay more then normal for dragons bloods incence