Red poison auto slow growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joshchrist127, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I germinated my Red poison auto feminised seeds nearly 4 weeks ago and they dont seem to be at the stage that they should be i really need some help. Ive used no nutes yet, they're potted in coco with perlite mixed in and i need a speedy growth, the Ph of the water being used 6.4-7.0, the temp is 22 degrees 45% humidity and the light scale is 18 on 6 off. HELPPP!

Included pics below.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

2. Lights? I only see 1 cfl bulb.. and it looks like it's pointed nose down at the plant. Cfl bulbs emit more light from the side of plants and across a short distance. I think light is the issue here. Also 6.4-7.0 is a tad bit high for coco I think.

3. man, I dont know if your lights, soil, or both, or what.  Im growing some red poison right now, about 6 weeks in and its already well into flower.  Go get some better lights and some fox farms soil or something and maybe you can save those. 

4. I agree the light could be sideways at about 6-8 inches off the plants roughly?

5. I think as they are autoflowering and i need a speedy grow im going to switch from 18/6 to full 24/0 so they grow up abit, i have canna a + b, PK13/14 and superthrive so im hoping at some point they'll grow faster when i start using the nutes.

Any advice?

6. More light maybe.
    I do mine 24/0.
    Goodluck

7. I think light is the issue here. How many watts your running? How far away is the plants from the light? I suspect that is your issue
    I have a red poison auto about 6 weeks old and its a good 3 weeks since flowering started. I've done a couple in coco in a small solo cup and they were still much more set after about 1 week after germination.

Did you pre soak the coco in 5.5 water with a bit of calmag? I don't think medium or nutes is an issue, I'd start by checking that light and probably upping the wattage?

8. yeah man more light, you have 5 plants so you want at least 300 watts.  100w for the first plant, then 50 watts for every plant after that.

9. You've got many things wrong. Definitely need more light for starters. Your going to need a few more bulbs for five plants. And did you say your temp is 22 degrees?!?! I hope that's celsius. I can only imagine it is. You've got to be stressing them out to which is another factor to why they aren't bigger.

Just add more light for now to see if that gets them growing bigger. Which it should

10.       Hey man.  I have the same issue.  Check out these seedlings;  They're 4 weeks.

dry promix @ planting 
    View attachment 153191

wet and mixed promix (3 days)
    View attachment 153193
    View attachment 153192
    View attachment 153190

I think It was the promix being a bit acidic.  I used the same promix on another batch of seedlings and they are doing fine, the onbly difference was that I dampened the promix a couple days before I planted.  I also mixed in more perilite.  Peat is acidic sometimes and I think that it's mostly due to it being so tightly packed so It can't breathe.  Anerobic environments are acidic.  Aerated water has a higher PH than water that's been sitting for 24hrs.  The water and periltie gives it a change to breathe.  

Also some strains like to have a high Rh.  All seedlings prefer Rh aroun 60-70% but some strains seem to need it otherwise growth severely suffers.  I find that seeds from Outdoor strains tend to grow slower for the first month or so, but that's just my personal observation.

Good Luck.  

Plaid

11. The CFL that is currently in the grow tent is 300w so i presumed it would be fine for the 5 of them, there is no air circulation e.g. fan, the grow tent is 1m X 1m X 2m so i think the tent is too big, the carbon filter cant get enough pull or ive been watering them too much with the incorrect Ph level in my water.

12. ^^^^indeed....45% is too low.....and for plants that size i hard believe the issue is the light at this point

13. Is that 300w equivalent or actual wattage? You want to go by actual wattage. It could be the soil, I had this happen my first grow. Went 4 weeks with almost no growth, then I bought some ffof from the hydro store, transplanted and within 3 days they started growing. Since then I always start them off in good soil and haven't had the issue. Also make sure to PH your water.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

I also threw them into propagation domes to speed things up.  They have doubled in size since yesterday morning.=)

Plaid

15. right speed...i jus had to get a humidifier myself...now i need a dehumidifier for added control

16. My humidity is 42-45% what can i do to improve it? i was thinking of closing the side flaps and putting an electric blanket underneath the plants? any advice?

17. With autos,
    feed at 14 days
    Lights 20-4

You will need more light for 5 gals

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Ive added two more lights, kept the lights on 24 and im spraying over the plants with Ph level water to increase the humidity yet still no noticable increase after a few days