Red/Pink Buds

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Robgoblin92, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Hey guys, so I haven't been growing that long. I'm still kind of new, but I'm also very sciency. I have a theory, whether it's already used or not, on how to produce pink or red buds. I wanted to know what your thoughts were and whether or not you felt as though it would work or not. So I was thinking of doing my flowering stage, introducing blue green lights to the mix. Half and half. The reason why, would be to trigger any anthocyanins in my plants dna. With doing this I would also drop the temperature and basically mimic The Fall season as you normally would a flowering stage. However, it is my belief that lowering temperatures ever so slightly below normal with a high exposure to blue green light should feed the anthocyanins and bring out a more redish tone. it's just a theory, again I'm no genius on the subject. I haven't been doing this that long. Just theorizing based off of what I've read so far. But what do you guys think? And is this something that people do already, or something similar. I know a lot of people use CO2 or dry ice to turn buds purple, not that has any significant effect on the actual buds besides color.

• Like Like x 1
  2. most buds that are red or [purple is genetic they are that color and no need to drop temps or ice etc theres lots of purple strains all breed no chemicals or any thing else ..all you get with dropping temps is autumn colors in the leaves ....mac,

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. hey man, good morning bro. Welcome to the GC forums. Us growers do all bunch a weird crazy stuff like you are describing, sometimes I think we are years ahead of academics. Cooling down temps is a way to increase anthocyanins, and messing with wavelengths is definitely another way to induce their expression. I've posted some more recent white papers on light biology but I never got around to testing everything they claim. From what I did read though, green light wasn't very good. Anyhow, like I said, welcome to the forums bud.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ..a bit of that tinge of spice..

5. One more time mac....:love-m3j:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. morning "Kronik ,,,mac..

• Like Like x 1
  7. ..just hazed and dazed on green...:bongin:
    Beg of forgiveness for not being focused..

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. "top of it" Mac....so far so good I hope!

• Like Like x 1
  9. aint we all hazed and dazed its morning in uk ,so dont know about you ,,mac.

• Agree Agree x 1