Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Red Hairs On Bud?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by greenisgood, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Ok, well today i was smoking some nice og kush i just picked up and it had alot of red hairs on it. We packed a bowl full of those strings and kief because my friend insists that its 100 percent thc but i somewhat dout that. Any idea what they are?

2. Should this be on the noob forums?

3. I am ROTFL at the moment.
    ROTFLNOOBCAKE

4. ^this

5. *Sigh*... Hair's are an indicator of high quality, and the THC content of your bud will be nowhere near 100%, most likely 15-20% for yours.

6. Nicely put.

7. This about sums up my thoughts.

8. My friend thought it was 100 percent thc not me.

9. #10 Cottonmouth 85, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    There is no need to be mean to the kid. Especially if you don't know the answer either apparently. Hairs are not a sign of quality.

Here is a "face palm" for you. ALL WEED HAS RED HAIRS. Even the lowliest schwag on earth. Whether you can see them or not is another story. But trust me they have them.

Buds consist of about 5 things. stems, leaves, seed pods, hairs, and resin glands.

The stem supports it, the leaf collects energy from photosynthesis, and the hair catches pollen from the air which impregnates the seed pod. The resin protects the seeds from insects and exposure from sunlight, so most of the resin is on the outside of the seed pod and surrounding tissue. The resin is what you smoke, and is the only thing that gets you high. The hairs, as well as the leaves or seed pods are only as potent as the amount or quality of the resin crystals on them. Simple as that.

No natural plant matter is thc. Thc the the chemical contained in the resin. When the resin glands are dried and are knocked off of the plant they look like an amber sticky dust. It is called kief. It's almost as strong as it can possibly get and it is about 30% thc I think. And that is straight resin glands, not plant material. The glands can be pressed and will burst and stick together in a clump called hash.

BUT ALL WEED HAS HAIRS.

10. 1. To the kid.
    2. As i stated before, apprentice post?