Red Hair Skunk/Bag Seed Indoor[PICS]

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by 420smoker, Apr 26, 2006.

1. I think that could be a very valid theory dude.

Thanks everyone for the replies, doing my best with what I have on hand, I'll probably look into something like your suggestion^^.

2. neatened up around the grow, so i decided to do a photoshoit :)

Attached Files:

3. ;

Attached Files:

4. Looking good, but unless you get more lights and situate them better, your grow is going to take forever. But never fear, good things come to those who wait.

Peace.

P.S. you've got a fan on them, right?

5. well it doesnt get hot in there, but i turn the fan on them prob once a day to try and get them to stiffen their stems up. and im in a dilema, spend some of my $$ on another small cfl, or keep my $$ and buy a nice sack for the carnival this weekend?

6. If you're going to use CFLs, you might as well spend 10 dollars on the 42w ones from Walmart. That is if you have a walmart. Two of them for 20 bones, and you get an added 84 watts.

The thing is with CFLs, by the time you've spent enough money on flouro's, you could've bought a cheap 250w HPS or something of the sort. www.econolight.com hooks it up.

HPS > CFL

In all aspects.

That's what I did when I first started. I spent about 50 bucks on CFL, got irritated with placement and installation of all the bastards, then bought an HPS...

7. pic

Attached Files:

8. h

Attached Files:

9. ;l

Attached Files:

10. Coming along nicely. You thinking about LST'ing or FIM'ing your plants? My babies are a day shy of two weeks old and I LST'd one this morning and FIM'd the other. I can already see growth on the LST'd plant...it's amazing.

Anywho, keep up the updates. +rep for consistent pics.

11. I was thinking about LST, but I'm not sure if where to make my first tie down.

12. Well, I wouldn't do so just yet. Your stems need to get thicker and you could stand to let the main stem develop a few more nodes. A total of 6 nodes should be a cool height to start LST'ing because you want the plant to be about 2 inches from soil when you make that 90 degree bend. I waited until I counted seven starting with the first set of fan leaves.

I used VokaL's guide, here: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=59538

Good luck.

A blurry pic of my first LST:

[​IMG]

13. l

Attached Files:

14. o

Attached Files:

15. Ok so I LST'ed two of my plants yesterday and they are looking good. I know some of you will say I should have waited a bit longer before training them, but wouldnt LST'ing them early just make for a bushier plant?

SO I thought this might be a good plan for my plants-
    Veg the plants until June 1st then flower them to find sex, then unless it will stress the plants to much, go back to veg until July, then flower in July.

If sexing them then vegging again is a bad idea then I could Veg them until late June, then sex them and start flowering by July.

Pics a bit later.

16. pics of lst plant 1

Attached Files:

17. 2nd LST plant...

Attached Files:

18. Finally you LST'd and it looks like you did a good job. You are now on your way to creating a bush rather than a tree. :)

As for the vegging->flower->vegging idea...I dunno. I've read that switching from flower back to veg stresses the plant and increases the chances of producing a hermie. To be safe, I suggest you wait until late June to start flowering.

Well, I'll be checking in periodically for updates. Keep up the good work.

19. picssss

Attached Files:

20. pics

Attached Files: