Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Red Eyes

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Puppy Whirl, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Do you guys find that the more you smoke, the less red your eyes get gradually?

I used to get real vampire eyes, and occasionally still do, but I find since I've been smoking a lot more recently I've been getting them less often.

Is there like a tolerance effect for when your eyes blood vessels dilate or something?

2. Yea your tolerance plays a role in how red your eyes get but one of my buddies has been an everyday smoker for years and hi eyes go insanely red but mine barely do at all so I guess it depends on the person.

3. i, for one, have never really dealt with the problem of having cashed eyes. i wear glasses, and sometimes when they're not on my eyes will get a little red, but i wear glasses pretty much all the time.

to answer your question, a bunch of my friends have said that they used to get really cashed when they would blaze a bunch, and most of them don't anymore... there are a few of my homies though that still just get red as fuck everytime they smoke

4. Haha chroniM89 your pic is ClearEyes and you say you don't get cashed eyes lol.

But yeah that's what I'm saying, like I used to get really really red eyes and lately it's been much less pronounced I just noticed the other day. I guess it is a tolerance effect, cuz the level of high you are is what affects the blood vessels, not the static amount of THC in you.

5. #5 Herb N. Haler, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    my eyes get red EVERY time i chief...
    i use it as a way 2 tell if im blowed or not...
    and ive been smokin 4 about 7 years now, daily...:smoke:
    ill never understand how if u smoke dank, and smoke properly (puff, hold 4 5-7 secs., exhale thru nose) ur eyes dont get red...

if my eyes arent reddish wen im done blazin, im not high, thats my judge...hasnt failed me yet.:D

edit: o yea, high tolerance is bad...smoke less herb, but of higher potency, glass it...

6. I've been smoking for a while and no matter what my eyes always get pretty red. Everyone usually thinks I'm super high because of it but most of the time I'm not. Then again my friend who I usually smoke with, her eyes get glazey(?) but not to red. Different for everyone.
    Either way I keep visene handy, maybe one day when it's leagalized visene will have a commercial marketed for stoners. haha

7. Ive never used clear eyes but thats how my teachers bust me all the time is because of my eyes and im pretty sick of it. So do you do you put them in before you smoke, while you smoke, or after you smoke?

8. any way seems to work. If you put them in like 15 mins before you smoke your eyes wont get red at all. If i'm just chillin at home and dont want to have red eyes I'll put them in after I smoke.

9. Oh man, I laughed my ass off at the use of "vampire eyes" in that sentence. Never heard that one...
    I don't have a problem with red eyes, yet glossy eyes. My eyes get so fucking glossed over it's impossible to cover. Almost like I'm crying. I stopped getting red eyes after about four or five months smoking daily... I feel as if tolerence plays a role.

10. My eyes will get a little red, but for the most part, it's not much of an issue. I wear contacts, so when my eyes start feelin a little dry, I just subtly adjust my contacts and they'll release a little moisture on my eye so the red eyes goes away.

11. From what I know, there are several contributing factors. Tolerance yes, but it also differs from strain to strain and from person to person. I remember hearing something about it being an allergic reaction common to most humans, but I'm not well versed in that research. From a personal perspective, the strain has the most to do with it. Some strains leave me bloodshot like crazy, some leave me glossy, others have little effect. I've had days where I've smoked two strains in the same day, one making me bloodshot and the other not. I smoke regularly and have been for a few years, so for me, the strain is the trigger.

12. my eyes get, a quote from one particular movie, "red as the devils dick"

ive been smoking for a 1.5 years but about every day almost for about 8 months and they always get red. i guess, though, the upside is that once i get my first hit or so they wont get redder? lol

13. my one friend has a sister from Chile. Her eyes never get red ever.

14. Well its not tolerance, when I first started smoking i thought it was. A smoker who smokes everyday can still get bloodshot, but a smoker who smokes 4 times a week gets a little pink, it depends on the person

15. yea it is really weird for me like my eyes have not been red for awhile after smoking. The thing is my eyes either get super red or they are fine. And when my eyes get super red like the looked messed up even if they were not red,like kinda drewppy or something idk how to explain it.

16. when i was blazing every day my eyes didnt get red

17. My eyes have never gotten red, they just get really glazed and shiny. I also look tired but they are always white

18. I dont know about any of that, but my eyes turn construction-paper red every time i smoke. If i didnt have eyedrops i'd be a goner!! :bongin:

19. I smoke about 5 times a day maybe and about 2-3 grams and my eyes get very red

20. I usually don't have red eyes, but when it does happen I only have it for a short time.