Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Red eyes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jobes921, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Well... what in smoking makes your eyes red? Is it the smoke.. is it the high? do brownies make your eyes red?

2. when u get high u always get red eyes. u nvr heard that poem b4?? (THERES A VISINE FOR THAT)

3. Go to walmart and get the green bottle of rhotos. They burn at first like a listerine for your eyes but their WILL NEVER be any red with them. By far the most effective eye drops.

4. definatley do this! green rotos are the best eye drop ever, they feel great once oyu get used to them, and they almost instantly clear your eyes of redness.

5. In response to your first question, its because you get sort of dehydrated. This causes redeye and cotton mouth. So if you drink a bunch of water beforehand it should at least lessen the effects.

6. #7 zoranj, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    Since no one has answered the question, and the person above me's answer is incorrect. here ya go:

When you smoke, the pressure in your eyes decreases, and the arteris/blood vessels in your eyes expand (vasodilation) which makes them more visible within the white of your eye and, hence, your eyes appear red. The decrease in pressure within the eyes is the reason why MJ is used as a treatment for patients with glaucoma.

7. Does anyone get so high, and their eyes get so red, that their bottom eyelid feels like it's drooping? It's weird.

8. young jeezy does :)

9. My eyes don't always get red. In fact they rarely do.

Also, I assumed it was from the blood vessels popping due to coughing so much?

10. personally i've noticed something though.

when i smoke schwag or mids i get red eye.
    when i smoke Dank i got clear eyes.

just personal experience i guess though.

11. The decrease in pressure within the eyes.
    it makes my vision better.

12. This is the only correct answer in this thread.

Quality has nothing to do with it. Nor coughing, or even dehydration(this does cause cotton mouth though)

Happy Toking.:smoke:

13. Word for the rhotos, or Visine redness releif.

14. Maybe it's just because I smoke a lot, but I don't get red eyes anymore. I used to get them really badly, but not at all anymore. However, my eyes do get squinty. No offense to anyone by this term, but most of the people I know refer to it as "*****ing out."

15. Haha, yea I know some people that have been smoking so long/much their eyes don't get red.

And around here people just call that ***** eye, but I have never heard *****ing.(no offense intended..) I may start saying that from now on..

Look at Sig.

Happy Toking.:smoking:

16. #17 Str8oFfThEtOP, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    Hey dumbass, before you go throwing negative rep around and chastising me you should realize that the word I wrote down was C H I N K I N G out. That is not the N word.

Its hilarious how freely people go around acting all high and mighty without using their brains first. This is a perfect example of why I don't care what someone's post count reads. Almost 1800 posts and this guy still doesn't use his head.

17. Haha what the Fuck are you talking about man?

Ch1nk eye, man.

Happy Toking.:smoking:

18. ya pretty much every time. or it feels like smokes coming out of them

19. what ive found was that my eyes just get irritated when im high,
    and if i dont scratch them, the dont go red,
    but its kinda hard to realize if your scratching your eye or not when your high

hahaha