Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Red Eyes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by icrazy2u, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Does red/dry eyes come from the high, or the smoke?

2. Comes from the inhalation of Cannabis Smoke.
    (thread/)

3. #3 GSN1PA360, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    Im pretty sure it's because your veins/artery's loosen up and allow more blood to flow which makes the veins in your eyes appear red.

4. [quote name='"zjsladek"']Comes from the inhalation of Cannabis Smoke.
    (thread/)[/quote]

it comes from the weed itself and what it does to your body; your eyes can get red from edibles.

5. Good to know! Never knew that. God i look like a jackass now... :mad:

6. It doesn't come from the smoke that's in the air. It happens because of increased blood flow.

7. Not from the smoke. Generally more seasoned tokers don't get very red eyes, just a glazed over look.

8. I've been smoking for about 2 years. My eyes don't get nearly as red as they used to.

I heard the THC or something messes with the lachrymal glands (the ones that make tears), so you have less moisture in there. Could also be blood flow, like the others are saying.

9. been smoking 5 years and my eyes get like someone poured neon red paint in them

10. I think it all depends on the person. I've never had red eyes, only the glazed over look which is no better, haha. My eyes also get very droopy.

11. My eyes only get droopy when I smoke.

When I eat edibles? Red as a fire-hydrant.

12. THC dilates blood vessels, reducing the pressure inside the eye (Intraocular pressure), the dilated blood vessels appear as a red color.

13. Can you really not use google? You would of gotten answers way faster, plus you wouldn't annoy us with another useless thread.

14. Haha I'll tell you guys right now that it depends on the person. I've smoked for 5 years now about 3 years straight and my eyes get redder than anyone else that I know. People tell me it's because I have blue eyes but either way I gotta carry droppers if I don't want devil eyes :)

15. I believe it's a the THC. Mine don't get nearly as red as they used to though

16. THC is a vasodilator, meaning it causes your blood vessels to swell. At the same time it affects the part of the brain that governs both salivation and tear production. Your eyes and mouth get dry and your blood vessels swell, so you get red eyes.