Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Red EYELIDS? advice needed! :S

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ibanez7, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Hey guysss, whenever i smoke weed my eyelids get puffy & red, but not even my eyes so much. its like i take one bong rip, barely feel lifted at all, and still my eyelids look like im blazed as shittttt. Its super wierd because everyone else just has bloodshot eyes,

Is there anything i can do too prevent this, or even subdue it while im high? It's a bitch having people ask if ive been crying cause my eyelids are red and puffy. :(

2. Haha dude. I have no clue. Maybe your eyelids are just getting irritated by the smoke? Try smoking out of a vape, and ghosting it. Other than that, I got no clue.

3. That's weird. I've never heard of that.

4. If it only happens when ya smoke, I can't tell ya how to prevent it other than don't smoke...lol...but to fix it, just keep two teaspoons in the refrigerator and then when you have an attack of the swollen eyelids, rest them on your eyelids for a couple minutes until they warm up...it'll take both the puffiness and redness away. Another fix is hemorrhoid cream, but not a lot of people feel comfortable putting ass cream on their face :p

5. I dont think its the smoke, I get pale also haha, like my eyes aren't really bloodshot, but my face is pale and my eyelids get red as shittt!

does it have anything to do with blood sugar or anything? I have a decent diet and i exercise daily . :S

6. How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes - howtogetridofstuff.com

7. Could be allergies. To test it, take some bud that has done this to you and rub it on your skin (best if you rub hard enough or scratch before to break the skin a tiny bit... shouldn't hurt but give it a good scratch). If you're allergic it should get red and puffy, in which case... you're probably screwed.

Maybe try some edibles? Take a benadryl before ya blaze?

Sounds pretty creepy man, I wouldn't spend my high worrying if I'm going to go into shock or something. Good luck, be sure to post back if you figure it out!

8. Thank you for the link! but It still doesnt really solve my problem, as ive tried alot of the solutions before. I have gotten more sleep, drank a ton of water the days before and during smoking, yet my eyelids still get red and puffy.

Is there a cream that could help reduce redness/puffyness I could pickup at a local pharmacy?

Thankyou everyone for the input so far, I would really like too be able too enjoy my high without having people comment on how red my eyelids are, and be self conscious about it. I smoke 2-3 times a week at least too

9. haha I need not worry about that, I feel 100% amasing even when my eyelids are exploded from redness. Come too think of it I never noticed before that it happens, but it really could have and nobody mentioned it.

It all started after a sesh a few months my friend commented on how red my eyes we're. The sesh was only about 1 or so g between me him and a friend, so its not like I was super blazed. I looked in the mirror and bam, blazed eyelids, but not eyes? I've been a steady smoker for about 2 years now, and I never really noticed it until then, but I can almost guarrentee it happened.

EDIT: sorry for double post!

10. sounds wierd as hell, hope you find out whats goin on there man, be sure too stay hydrated?

11. no one gets like this or has a friend that gets like this?

my eye lids get puffy too but only if i smoke HELLA. like 5-6 blunts in a session then ill get like that.

one of my friends cousins get like this after 1-2 blunts so im guessing its the weed. people just dont notice.

12. #13 spencer9474, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
    ive been looking for so long to find a cure for my red/baggy eyelids,
    ive been smoking for the past 5 months every single day and no matter how much i smoke my eyelids will sag down and become red .My eyes never actually get blood shot, but it makes me look VERY high:mad::mad: even though i am barely rocking a buzz!:confused: and people think i am the biggest light weight even though ive only taken a few tokes,, anyone have a solution for this problem? any eye drops? creams? please get back to me thanks

13. My eyes get fucked up even after a single toke. Bloodshot, puffy, dark circles, low lids... The whole deal. I've learned to live with it :p I usually just stick in some drops and say I'm tired or had a rough day. :smoking:

14. yea exactly mine are exactly the same! haha it just makes me look f*cking stupid when my eyes are like that, will regular visine help with the eyelids?:smoking::cool:

15. You may have the rare but shitty allergic reaction to marijuana.

If so, punch yourself in the face in front of a video camera, multiple times, and when someone asks you why you're eyes are all puffy, show them the video and say "This is what I do for a living, leave me alone".

16. No, unfortunately drops only help with the redness, hence the other excuses lol

17. If you have red eyelids and want to get rid of this issue then you can try some homemade remedies to overcome this issue. Red eyelids may occur due to several reasons abut it has a cure. Using some effective remedies at home, you will be able to get rid of red eyelids. To know how you can also get rid of other eyelid issues like eye puffiness, sagging eyelids, swollen eyelids with some natural remedies then you can also try the below link: Eye Lid Lift (@lid_eye) on Twitter