Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Red eye problems.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by highasamuhfucka, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Is there a way to mask ur red eyes or is it just something only eyedrops can clear?
    Cause for some reason whenever i smoke the dank i get nasty red eyes. I dont like the drops fro some reason, is there a way to build up a tolerence to red eyes?

2. no. just get used to the drops.

if you have trouble putting them in, buy your own dropper and just expirement.

youll get to the point where its something you do without thinking about it. just open, one drop in each eye and ur good.

its all about practice though if you cant get it right

but i wear contacts so im used to getting things in my eyes (no perv jokes pls :p)

3. Well your eyes get red becuase the weed makes your capilaries in your eyeballs enlarge, right? I've heard drinking water helps but I dont' see how.....I don't think there is anything you can do.

4. plus it lowers intra ocular pressure

5. Chlorine works.

Take your head and dip in in a pool, while underwater open your eyes.

6. Im not too great with the drops either. I just squeeze a few drops, some get in my eyes some get on my face.

7. This seems entirely unnecessary when eye drops are essentially the same thing, but I guess if you're not a drops fan...you would dig it?

8. He was joking. Chlorine burns your eyes and makes them more red (I think).

9. chlorine in fact makes your eyes redder.

eye drops are simple manufactured tears, in a sense.

i always carry eye drops when i blaze.
    it took me a while to get used to putting them in.

but just get the dropper super close to your eye.
    and squeeze, if you miss first try, you will feel it hit your face.
    so you will know where to put it..you know

youll get used to it

10. Eyedrops are an essential stoner thing to have. My friend who's new to them used a whole bottle in a week, I've had the same bottle for over a year. A drop in each eye and I'm good, it's something you eventually get used to.

11. Rewetting/Lubricating drops, true, but not the eye drops designed to make take the red out of your eyes. They have active ingredients like HCl that work to fix red eyes.

12. Are the eye drops as bad as people say? Like how the drops cause ur eyes to constrict which could cause bad vision?

13. I wouldn't think so, I've been using them for about 2 years and I haven't noticed anything

14. Anyone who doesn't believe me is more than welcome to try this:

Go get blazed with your buddy.
    Have your buddy do nothing to his eyes
    Stick your head into a pool with Cholorine.

Tell me whose eyes get clear faster.

Granted that when you go swimming your eyes get red from the cholorine, but if you just blazed and your eyes get red, and you simply duck them into a pool for a few seconds, they will clear up.

Its always worked for me (when I didn't have any eye drops around). I can't tell you why, maybe the water, maybe the cholorine, but its never failed me?

15. the best way to put eye drops in is to put your head back and put the drops in right where your eye is closest to your nose. If you put the drops on that part of the eye right before the nose, right when you open your eyes and blink a few times it will go across your eyes.

16. Actually, eyedrops make your pupils dilate (get larger)... visene at least. And they don't seem to make my vision worse (already -0.75 both eyes)

17. .05% HCI in Visine Advanced Relief

18. First of all that isn't true, Visine doesn't dilate. Put eyedrops in before you blaze, your eyes will never get red and you won't miss because you're too chopped.

19. How did you jump to the conclusion that it was the chlorine? Ha thats just you hydrating your eyes. Like when you run water in your eyes for a while. All it did was make the process faster.

20. true, I wouldn't advice taking some cholorine tablets and putting them into your eye, unless you want to go blind.