Red Diesel Barney's Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cabrajo, Sep 9, 2019.

1. #1 Cabrajo, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Just got home from a week long visit to the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Thought since I was there it'd be fun to grab some straight-from-the-source genetics. Settled on Red Diesel and White Widow as those are two buds I thoroughly enjoy smoking.

Haven't grown in years, all of my equipment has been sitting in our storage room in the basement....until now.

I've grown many times, but this will be my first grow in our house since we bought it 3 years ago. I discovered a dedicated 15a line and decided to put a tent up near that outlet. I can run the entire tent off of this one breaker and still not hit even 12amps.

Tent Setup
    400w MH/HPS dimmable with 6" cool tube
    LED and T5 small lights for propagation
    4 x 4 x 6 tent with an attached 4 x 2 x 6 two-tier propagation/mother room
    4" inline fan super quiet and a nice loud 6" exhaust fan. Tent is exhausted right out the dryer duct which really works out nicely.
    Circulation fans
    Bluetooth Hygrometer/Thermometer with data tracking

Media and nutrient
    OM6 from Berger (first time I've tried this mix, so far, so good)
    1-0-0 Worm Castings, still undecided if I will go any harder than that throughout. Might keep it basic and old school
    I have two 5 gallon buckets that are constantly being bubbled. I will not being using any meters for this grow, even though I do have both TDS and pH meters. Any organic top dress nutes/ferts you guys may recommend would be greatly appreciated.

9/3/2019
    Germinating one of the 5 Red Diesel from Barney's. I want to grow this into a mother and take cuttings from there. This way I can run tests throughout to make sure my RH and Temps are as consistent as possible before I get really cranking. Distilled water, paper towel, plastic ziplock, seedling heat mat

9/5/2019
    Seed has popped. Planting in 4.5 square vacuum deep into OM6. Topped the pot with thin layer of SunGro propagation mix (mostly vermiculite) to retain moisture. RH ~60% Temp ~75F

9/6/2019 (Start Pictures)
    By the afternoon, first leaves are visible above soil surface.
    [​IMG]

9/7/2019
    Plant has straightened, first set true leaves visible
    [​IMG]

9/8/2019
    Growth on track
    [​IMG]

9/9/2019
    Next set of leaves are visible at the apical meristem. No feeding yet. Will probably feed after second internode is full and strong. Will probably top dress with 1-0-0 worm castings. Was considering making a casting tea, but am too nervous it won't do enough. Any thoughts?
    [​IMG]

All the pictures are day by day from 9/6 to 9/9. Growth has been steady and quick, so far I'm impressed with this little lady. Thinking there might be some anemic traits starting towards the center of the seedling where its a bit more yellow, but will wait it out as it could easily be new growth color. Hope you guys enjoy, I will be trying my hardest to keep this log updated throughout. Let me know what you think, any suggestions, constructive criticism, tips, recommendations, etc are all welcome. My background is in horticulture, I've had around 10 successful grows under my belt. My foundation in hort is in greenhouse production growing ornamentals/herbs/vegetables. I've always been obsessed with indoor growing and playing God though. All of my cannabis grows have been hydro (drip and DWC combo), but I really wanted to move to soil as its much less finicky. Also, if you guys have used OM6 from Berger and have any tips, it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers! SWED
    cabrajo

Attached Files: