Red Dead Redemption

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Pickle McSmurf, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I did too, however, if memory servers me correct it was maybe a quest giver/person I needed to meet.

All I really remember was that I could not move the mission forward and the only save available was the quick save that occurred right before I encountered the problem. Might have been the 1st mission across the Rio Grande?

2. Riding into Mexico is something that I will probably remember for a long time.

3. I felt immersed when I played rdr, I mean its not like Skyrim its only open world it doesn't have the leveling aspect. In rdr there is a variety of random encounters that are believable and are actually fun to interact with instead of just riding by. The game contains detail but I feel the lore is missing unless you're satisfied with the "lore" you gain from stranger missions.

4. shit man ive been starting to get back into this game again. absolutely love the free roam. nothing more exciting than getting baked, then walking into the woods hunting cougars. SCARY AS FUCK

anyway, anybody interested in playing some red dead online hit me up, my gamer tag is yeehaaaaaw

5. It may sound stupid, but I absolutely love the sunrise and sunsets in this game. It's such a picturesque kind of game. Everything just has such beauty and ruggedness to it.

Plus John Marston is a badass. :smoke:

6. [quote name='"chimera765"']It may sound stupid, but I absolutely love the sunrise and sunsets in this game. It's such a picturesque kind of game. Everything just has such beauty and ruggedness to it.

Plus John Marston is a badass. :smoke:[/quote]

Yup the sunrise/sunsets are great

7. RDR is awesome, but I beat it into the ground lol.

Skyrim is another excellent open world game, if you like RPG's, The Elder Scrolls, or sword/sorcery type games.

8. I love just sitting on a giant cliff in Mexico and watching the sunrise. The way the sun lights up the canyon/valley's, the sun rays breaching out over the mountains and through the trees.. it just never gets old lol.

Even for how dated the game is (2 years now I believe?) the graphics are still top notch and amazing to look at, not the mention the euphoria physics engine still makes my jaw drop time to time at how realistic the animations can be.

9. I actually just finished my second playthrough of it this morning. I hadn't played it in forever, started it up again a couple of weeks ago. I hate playing as Jack though, he's such a whiny tool.

10. All that and the unnavoidable ending, you can't get passed the grittyness of it all.

*Don't read if haven't completed game****

Anyone shed a tear when John looked through the crack in the door and wen't out to meet his god?... I didn't cry or anything but a tear was shed because I know someone, somewhere back a hundred years this event exactly happened to. And unjustifiably so.

11. I stared at the screen with a grimness that can only be described in the slaying of Edgar Ross's wife, brother, and then he himself.

:bongin: