Red Dead Redemption

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Pickle McSmurf, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Sorry for late response didnt really think anyone would post after me on this.
    Xbox 360 (Elite)
    Not sure about the online ive never played it online. (Just story Mode i enjoyed it)

Idk about Read Dead 2 that would be really awesome if one is in the works though but idk how they could even possible consider a Sequel after Marston Passed Away (Rip) & The only one left is Marstons son so idk how they would go about the sequel because i dont want to play a sequel as marstons son that would suck. :smoke:

2. Man RDR is one of the best games of all time!

3. Next one should be Landon Ricketts in his prime

4. Just got the GOTY edition. Hardcore mode + all the DLC for like $20.

Shits yeah.

5. went to play through this for a second time last year. my xbox wouldnt work.

i really really miss this game. and i loved going online with my friends and doing crazy awesome shit. like going to the tanners cabin and getting ambushed by like 10 bears.

6. If I had money, I'd buy the GOTY edition. But I only have the vanilla game :(

Would be nice to fuck shit up with blades on xbox live sometime. Stoner posse :smoking:

7. hardcore difficulty is brutal

8. on the topic of a sequel, there cannot be one, simple fact. the game takes place in 1911, right around when the "wild west" is dying, says so in the game description, and mentioned in the game a few times. if they were to do a sequel, it would have to be right after Martson's death, and could not involve his son. if they were to do so, it would be like 1930 :(
    No wild west then

however, they very well could do a pre-quel. say like 1870 or so. maybe something like Marston's father. or even someone involved in a gang.
    i really do hope they make another one. it was just so fun, different, and a great experience. there are few games out there like Red Dead Redemption...... makes me sad

9. For the next one, I would love to see it focused on Landon Ricketts in his heyday

10. Hell yeah.

A game in the golden age of the west.

Red Dead Redemption was great also because it has themes relevant to todays issues.

11. #31 PajamaSam, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    [quote name='"Endless Rain"']on the topic of a sequel, there cannot be one, simple fact. the game takes place in 1911, right around when the "wild west" is dying, says so in the game description, and mentioned in the game a few times. if they were to do a sequel, it would have to be right after Martson's death, and could not involve his son. if they were to do so, it would be like 1930 :(
    No wild west then

however, they very well could do a pre-quel. say like 1870 or so. maybe something like Marston's father. or even someone involved in a gang.
    i really do hope they make another one. it was just so fun, different, and a great experience. there are few games out there like Red Dead Redemption...... makes me sad[/quote]

Or we could stop recycling the same games and just appreciate them.

A sequel would be nice but even games like DNF had a huge fanbase, long development and still failed the critics. Sequels and prequels are for activision and ea to make their salary. I havent seen a good sequel in forever..

12. Playing poker in Blackwater made me really racist against Chinese people.

13. They should make another one with different characters and a wild wild west (crazy technology) twist.

14. Dude, this is Rockstar games we're talking about here. I have complete faith they could make a spectacular sequel/prequel, they havn't let me down in a decade

15. I would definetely play a sequel or prequel. Maybe do something like when Marston was in the gang that he used to be in. Robbing trains and banks would be sick.

16. yea you were sorta pinned on the "being the laws bitch" side lol

17. Yeah thats my only problem, the game was indeed fucking awsome but playing as a real outlaw robbing banks and shit would be epic.

18. i love this game, i rented it for the xbox 360 and man am i getting stuck on this game. I can only play like 2-3 hours at a time before i get bored but its great! it has so much replay ability.

19. I never seem to be able to get more than half way through Rockstar games before getting completely sick of them, every GTA, L.A Noire & Red Dead.

20. I beat the storyline on hardcore and did all stranger missions. Completed a couple challenges got most really far. I started over on Normal and it's more enjoyable, as a game.

Hardcore was fun as a challenge, but normal is a more enjoyable free roaming experience, if significantly easier.