Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by MikeyMike87, Sep 25, 2018.

1. For 8 months? Lol what did you do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. #142 Boggieman, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Thermal vision on the oppressor mkll is very op, you can line people up from 4 blocks away and light them up with missiles once you get the feel for it. Your time doubles every time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lol damn.

Been using that deer glitch for the fish, seems to work good. My buddies like it too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hit rank 20 online earlier lol all I've been really doing is fishing & hunting/ collecting herbs

5. RDR 2 is just so perfect. I've got it at last xmas with PS4 SSD upgrade so i won't be waiting hours to patch my games. I really adore RDR 2, it's perfect. Visual part, screen play, story, atmosphere - it feels like a piece of art to me

6. About to play some red dead online, I've noticed now alot of people don't even shoot you anymore..

I was hunting the other night & so was another random player they came over to me & gave me a fish they'd caught :laughing::laughing: they then invited me to a posse & everyone was hunting/fishing while watching each others backs

7. it got cooler around the train robbery
    im gona play it more

8. #148 Praetorian, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    I've not played the game yet, but I've seen most of the major reviews and game plays.

Does it not seem to people, that no matter how cute the graphics are, the game is entirely scripted to a feelable level?
    Whatever you do, a fancy cut scene or character behavior has been built into it. You just merely choose which video path will play out before you?

I'm a big fan of Rockstar games over the years, mostly the GTA series since PS2, but this seems like a fancy pre-guided program show from start to finish.
    Good if you like a video story and but not much in actual skill based game play.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. if you are a rockstar fan and like gta then you will like this. its the same style of game. you can roam around the world and do whatever you want at your own pace. yes the missions have cut scenes and a story, just like the GTA series.

yes the character performs animations when you go to do things. thats how video games work lol. a video game is just animations strung together to form realistic movements.

honestly it sounds like you are just upset because your character actually takes the time to open cabinets and such instead of just invisibly looting items. dont let that ruin the game for you. its a great experience and a great game.

• Agree Agree x 1

10. Dude you deffo need skills to survive online.. some people have 1 shot 1 kill tekkers on it :laughing::laughing:

Most people are more focused in making money in the game now then killing each other, I've gone past countless people even ones doing missions & if you don't attack them they don't attack you... It's kinda like a mutual respect thing :laughing::laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. pretty sure hes talking about single player tho.

but i dont understand why he thinks its any different than a game like GTA, which he says he is a fan of lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah, I was referring to single player.
    I've played the first RDR for a week or two and it just never grabbed me like GTA did.

The clear difference I see between GTA and RDR is the physics and items variety involved.
    RDR, due to its different time period, setting, and items/vehicles, seems like a much more chill, play-for-the-story, type of game.
    Because of its giant variety of modern day vehicles (land, air, water), and every modern gun imaginable, it seems like GTA has far more to offer in terms of actual playing action.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1

13. Dude GTA sucks so bad I sold it after the damn Bunker updates.. you literally have people (mainly kids) flying round on bikes with auto aiming rockets on them...

Fuck GTA lol

The single player on RD2 is entertaining I was still finding stuff to do after I completed the story

It's kinda like GTA with all the random encounters ect + with some of them if you don't help a person ect you'll see them later in the game & they'll remember you didn't help them..

Eventually they'll put cars into RD2 but it'll be like the one that's at the end of the first red dead lol

14. Personally, I couldn't care less if an NPC remembers me or not. I play for physics primarily, so GTA or Just Cause is more up my alley.
    To each their own I suppose.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Have you actually played red dead 2 yet??

The physics on it shit all over GTA/just cause lol, just cause is one of the most unrealistic games out there... You can fly over something that you're blowing up & it doesn't effect you in the slightest lol

16. Same. The butcher is my best friend.

I find birds are the easiest and quickest way to make money for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. damn,
    I still don't have this game...

hardly play video games now, since being off probation and back into school.
    when I do play, it's almost exclusively GTA V, and it's barely even fun anymore.

maybe RDR2 is as necessary as my friends have been making it out to be...

this is how I'm trying to be with the homies:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. FB_IMG_1540342818110.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hell yeah you do get good money for birds I just kill anything that I can skin/pick up lmaoo

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yep, great fun in GTA. Definitely enjoy blowing up stuff and flying over it.

Decent ragdoll in RDD I guess. Doesn't beat overall GTA action by a long shot.