Red Beans ?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by RainerRocks, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Anyone ever grow Beans ?

They grow on vines..yes ..no ?

2. What kind of red beans?
    Italian Rose beans, a type of red bean, is a bush bean.

Some bean plants are considered 'vines', others are bushy plants.

3. I googled red kidney beans and read conflicting info..some said vine and some said bush.

4. My only experience with kidney beans was years ago, they were dark red and a bush bean. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer some info too.

Are you planning on growing some from dried beans that you have on hand?
    Just curious, it'd be interesting to see if it's a runner or bush bean. :smoke:

5. I don't have any on hand.

I'm in apt and getting a list of what I want to grow (hydro) so I'm researching. Can't have huge vines in an apt but would love to grow some red kidney beans if it was a bush that wasn't too big.

I already have seeds for different cherry tomatoes...different lettuce and peppers..tiger melons..kale..swiss chard..radish ..carrots and radish but want to mix it up and I love kidney beans.

All tomatoes and peppers will have their own tent and the leafy greens have their own.

Never seen anyone grow potatoes via hydroponics so I'm going to give it a go..lol. Can't even find
    any on youtube.

Want to grow carrots and potatoes in their own tent and radish and beans in own tent also.

Boring just growing leafy stuff and tomatoes.

Pearl onions would round out my list and I would be content but can't find pearl onion seeds .Would love to grow some ginger root also..lol

Tomatoes (cherry)
    Leafy greens
    Peppers
    Carrots (Baby)
    Radish
    Tiger Melons
    Beans
    Potatoes
    Pearl onions
    Ginger

6. Regarding potatoes indoors:

I made slips with a coffee can cloner. Both Russet and sweet.

Last is a link to the post about the cloner. My only revision was taking a push pin to a coffee lid. And all over it. Place cut potato on top. Fill with water a tad more than what's pictured unless you want to set the potato on a thin piece of foam or sponge or something.

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/1127189-fayes-coffee-can-cloner-diy-tutorial.html