Red and blue grow light with tinfoil on wall?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Purplehazexiv, Apr 17, 2018.

1. I know some say don't use tinfoil and others use it with no issue. But has anyone tried to grow plants with red and blue lights with a small amount of tinfoil on the walls not fully covering it just like a sheet on each wall?

2. White poly from any hydro supply store is cheap and so are space blankets. No reason to use tin foil.

3. If it’s not a real tight space reflection don’t matter. White walls work as well

4. Thanks for the info.
    Normally I do outdoor grows but snow keeps hitting us so stuck with indoors

5. Sizing your grow space to your light footprint and adding reflective material can increase your lights output to the plant by 25% or more. It's totally worth it.

The modern cheap grow tent is the best grow environment I can think of. They're cheap and easy to put together. All of them are mylar lined inside floor, ceiling, and walls. Vivosun makes a good cheap tent. 3x3x6 is the best starter economic size that is easy to fill with light and not make a big dent in electric bill but be able to grow plenty for any personal consumption.

White walls are only a few percentage points behind mylar for reflecting light. White does pretty well.

6. It's a rv closet lol pretty tight space we fight to get one of the pots in and out of it for watering.

7. Take in to consideration that any grow space needs some sort of ventilation. LEDs do generate heat.

From what I've read, aluminium foil creates reflective hot spots and can cause burning.

Not sure about the validity of that. I'm sure some of the more seasoned growers can shed some light on this subject, so to speak.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

8. The light we have has built in fans never really gets hot especially with negative temp weather lol.
    Hopefully this weekend the news is right on getting 72 degree weather back so I can just grow em outside.
    But we did try the tinfoil with the red nd blue lights no burns only plant that got burnt was my clovers not the bud plants

9. Fans displace heat. They don't nullify it.

They move the hot air away from the lights and pull up heavier cold air but that hot air still has to go somewhere. That's why we get inline fans and duct fans, so we can pull that hot air generated by the lights and move it to another room or outside.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

10. Usually just blows out the closet door which is awesome because it warms up the other rooms in our rv .
    However we did switch to white walls which the plants love but now that its warmer out they been staying outside. Only downside is had to rip up one of them due to it turning to a male