Recreational Use Forum What Happened?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by fireal13, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ...Also - For those who like seeing all the new posts... We do have a "New Posts" button at the top menu, so that you can see all the new posts for that day - no matter what forum they're in :D

2. Same thoughts here. Hate the change but realize it had to be done. Loved just clicking on rec use and going through a bunch of semi-random posts. I personally think the sub-forums will decrease visits, but that's just my 2c.

3. It think it looks really gay. Any way to make it an optional appearance on the user end?

4. We're keeping the changes as of now. Feel free to PM ReformMaryJaneLaws if you prefer to discuss if further.

Thanks,
    Trikky

5. I don't understand what the difference is as far as looks between the Recreational Marijuana Use forum and The Big Picture, Lifestyle, Sports and Gaming Lounge and Grow Journals forums. It's set up the same exact way.

As far as the appearance, I've answered that already several times. No.

It's been this way less than two days. Nothing will be changed until time proves that it needs to be changed...just as it did already.

6. eh, its easier and annoying at the same time. idk what else to say. im a neutral i guess..
    maybe i need to smoke up an opinion. be back.. maybe.

7. My thing is that those three categories are not the only things you can talk about in Rec Marijuana use. Rec Marijuna use is a way broader subject then those three categories. You truly have limited what we can talk about.

Lame.

8. What could you possibly talk about that isn't covered explicitly or implicitly in those forum descriptions? Newbie questions, pickups, cooking with weed, paraphernalia, a veteran's section for tutorials and other useful info, medical marijuana... If you have a suggestion, speak up, don't just say it sucks.

9. i like the changes! actually been visiting that section now.
    mostly just like looking at the pictures of weed and what not, so that having its own section is a huge plus.

thanks for the changes! :D

10. You never read the original forum description then. You were probably someone who posted in forums where your topic didn't belong.

Everything within the original forum description, which is still there, is listed within those three sub forums. In fact, you can actually discuss more in there. Due to the split, more discussion is allowed. :rolleyes:

11. Indeed.

12. Owned.

Seriously guys; I'm starting to think of the people who're not liking the change as Stewie from Family Guy, when the outside walls of his bedroom collapsed or w/e...

"Brian.... Briiiaannnn... something's different. I don't like change...!"

13. I think what it boils down to is some of our stoner friends don't want to have to click on different pages to talk about things, but in time people will get used to it.

14. are you kidding???????

there's a forum for everything at GC - how are you limited?

:confused:

15. i think some people just want to post anything and everything in one place, without having to navigate elsewhere and do not realize how absolutely chaotic that would be.

i mean, it's just a matter of clicking, people... it really is not difficult.
    the changes are wonderful -- and organized, just like the rest of the site.
    what is there to complain about?

the changes made = awesome.
    so i thank you, mods and admins and all that, for continuing to improve the awesomeness of this site. :hello:

16. GET OVER IT!

I like it, its more organized.

17. It may decrease the quantity of posts, but the posts that won't be there, will most likely be from those people who just post anything in Rec Usage - because it gets the most views... I kinda think that was the whole point ;)

Quantity of posts will decrease - Quality of posts will increase. I think most will agree that that's a fair trade :D