Recreational Marijuana use forum has been DESTROYED

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Wrecked, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As you guys already know, the changing of the Recreational forum has been a complete disaster... It defeats the purpose of having a recreational use forum if there are even MORE forums inside of that.

Step backwards in my, and many's opinion.

You guys probably realized how bad of an idea it was, but didn't want to move ALL of the threads back again, and clean all that shit up... But it creates even more problems, because now people will be posting in the wrong forums EVEN MORE...

2. Actually, you're wrong. It would be much quicker for us to take ALL THREE forums and move them to one, than it did to split them up.

And if you haven't noticed, there have been like... 3 thread deletions in the whole rec use section since it was split. Before, I could have deleted 3 threads just on the first page anytime I signed on.

So no, I don't believe your assumptions are correct. The change is here to stay. Please get used to it.

3. #3 Floydian, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009

No, I didn't know... I thought quite the opposite.

Thanks for enlightening me. Also, I'm sure YOU'VE realized by now that there are about... oh... 3 threads or so on this exact subject already on this very page, and the mods have already stated how they realized how GOOD of an idea it was, being that now; Some blades who haven't even entered the top 3 forums in the past year or two because of how chaotic they were, might actually attempt peering in to them now.

:p

4. #4 gonemadwithmary, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    RMJL organized Recreational like that so people would know exactly where to post their topics. It doesn't cause MORE problems, it prevents the problems we're already having from even happening. If people aren't used to it by now, give 'em another week. I'm sure they'll get used to it and start posting in the right sections.

If you don't can't fuckin' read, then you have no place on a forum anyway. Read, browse, THEN post.

Also, GC is a growing community. Half the members I see now that have full rep weren't here when I joined. To a new member, this is just how GC is.

I personally like the sub-forums, and would actually like to see more and more as the days progress. (Like in Pandora's Box, cough cough!) :D

5. :D You know, we have received more positive feedback on this than some might think. I never thought of the Box, though!!! :D ;)

I just checked the stats and as far as new posts and threads go, we've been within the same range for the past 3 weeks. So, apparently, it hasn't slowed things down.

We've had to move less threads over the last few days (except for the gazillion being moved to their appropriate sub forums from Rec Use :p) and we've dealt with less issues due to inappropriate posting. When members post threads in forums where they obviously don't belong, other members get frustrated, say something about it and then the thread goes to hell. We haven't seen as much of that the past few days and there was way more than necessary on a daily basis for so long.

So, it's going to take a lot to convince me that it's a bad thing. :)

6. As long as people can post the same things as before into the subforums as in the original rec forum, then there should be no issue. It boils down to the willingness of the members to accept the change or complain, but it looks like complaining doesn't do much good. Might as well go with the flow on this one blades. :)

7. The Recreation Marijuana forum is no longer recreational to post in...

There is no reason sub forums can not be made into an optional use on the user end. The forum admins just says its what the people want when it really isn't.

8. The rec use forum was already being destroyed by the people that refuse to post in the right forum.

I think its awsome that they split it up. Now I dont have to search through off topic posts about random nonsense to see dank sticky buddah.

9. That's cool! We're glad you dig it. :D

10. What about all the people don't, "dig it." GIVE US AN OPTION!

11. Well.. Seeing as how the majority of the feedback we've received about this has been positive, I think those who don't "dig it" are just going to have to deal with it. So stop bitching already. It's staying the way it is. Get used to it.

Sorry to be so blunt about it... But this keeps getting brought up, and it's been made clear that it's not going to be changed. How many more times do we have to say it? It's not getting changed back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.