Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recovering from Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by phillyphan, Dec 26, 2014.

1. #1 phillyphan, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    Hello all! Forgive me because I am new to the forums, but I have a question related to pneumonia. I had been feeling sick for several days on and off since about 12/13/14, and that was the last time I smoked as well. After that, I had a fever for 4 days until I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with pneumonia in my left lung. I was given three days worth of antibiotics, which I finished about a week ago, and codeine cough syrup, which I also finished about a week ago. 

I have not had a fever for about 8-10 days and my cough has been gone for nearly a week. I do, however, have a nagging pain in my left side, presumably where I had pneumonia. 

My question is: When can I start to safely smoke again? I haven't smoked since December 13, and I'm eager to get back into it. I am having a chest x-ray done in early January to see if my pneumonia has completely disappeared as well. Should I wait until then to confirm that it is gone so I can smoke, or can I safely smoke again now? Thanks!

2. I would wait until after the chest x ray. Until then, edibles.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I had pneumonia and smoked with it until it was diagnosed. I didn't want to stop so I switched exclusively to vaped during this time. I made the decision myself and saw no obvious obstruction of the healing process and my doctor never mentioned anything so I think it worked for me. But definitely no smoke until after your final X-ray and your lungs are all cleared up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thank you everyone! I used a Pax vape last night and had no problems, although my cough has returned today. I do not plan on smoking again until after the chest x ray.