recovering from nute burn

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jivefunk, Jul 27, 2013.

1. #1 jivefunk, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    so it's my first try at hydroponics. I transplanted 4 plants from soil to a bubbler system. I used the mirical grow blue powder.

when in soil I was using it at half strength with no problems, so when I put them in hydro, I thought 1/3 strength would be a safe bet lol.

turns out, that's way to strong and within a day they were all severely burned. very dark green, with yellow and brown around the edges,

so my response was to dump the water and just fill the bubbler with plain water with no nutes, it seems to be working, 2 of the 4 plants are now looking much better again.

but I have no experience with hydroponics, how long do they need plain water before I start giving nutes again? I would give around 1/8 strength this time, should I wait until the dark green colour starts to go away and I see normal healthy growth? it's already been 2 days of plain water, I don't want to wait too long for nothing, or not wait long enough.

also what kind of long term problems would my mistake cause? will they fully recover eventually or would I be better off starting with new clones?