Records To Listen While High?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Markhiuana, May 22, 2013.

1. Hey Dudes & Dudettes

So i have an old skool record player and i'm collecting records for a while now. 

As some of you may now, High quality music while high is just the best! But not every record has a better vibe to it while high. They would still be good, but my "Royal highness" just doesnt add that much to it.

However, there are some kickass records i like to share with you!

Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon (Start on the b-side, with "money" i promise you you'll have a trip that makes you go nuts!)

Dire Straits - Brothers in arms (start on side-a)

those are the best!! any one has similar records (not necessarily similar in music, but in awesomeness during a trip)

Records that were also cool while high, have been:

Supertramp - Breakfast in America
    the Doors - La woman
    Tv on the radio - 9 types of light
    and of course lots of stuff by Bob Marley.

Your turn dudes!

2. Anything Queensryche, Zeppelin, Accept, or Maiden. Early Guns N Roses was amazing.

3. @[member="Paperhouse"] Brilliant man! thanks, i think i can score this one on vinyl pretty easily as well!

4. people think that the Grateful Dead are just a band a bunch of hippies used to follow..but they were a great rock and roll band.  Check out tunes like Friend of the Devil, Me and My Uncle, Franklin's Tower... to name a few. Get past Truckin and Touch of Grey and you will find a great band to chill too if you like listening to real rock and roll.  Based on what you listed, you may dig it.  If you can find some live sets were Jerry wasn't totally shit faced, they are amazing.  Europe 72 comes to mind. Some of the jams can get a little long (unless u're tripping..lol) 

Oh, and on a totally different angle, I think Kid Cudi is pretty stoney for more current music.  

5. @DeadheadDad thanks man! 

Funny thing though, i actually really dig Truckin and Brown eyed women and such. Unfortunately i have never been able to find their vinyls (or at least their studo albums) in Europe. But im going to keep looking!

I'll try kid cudi as well

6. If you're a fan of Pink Floyd, I would highly recommend trying to snag a copy of "The Wall". I love a band that can contain a story within an album, and Pink Floyd perfected it. I myself have been trying to pick up a copy of Echoes: The best of Pink Floyd. The song "Echoes" by itself, is a true trophy to have on vinyl. 

7. Do you mean "Meddle" ?

8. I'm a fan of Pink I usually go with money, time,or any song from any of there's just light a fat J an mellow out man

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. If youre a fan of Pink Floyd and reggea also, you should check out "Dub Side of the Moon". The whole album is on Youtube.

10. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue is a necessity 

also The Beatles' Revolver

if you can find old Kraftwerk albums scoop those up; they set the foundations of modern electronic music in the early 70s, its some interesting stuff. 

ooh and old Brian Eno records

I recently bought some newly released records too, Shabazz Palaces' Black Up sounds awesome on wax; and i thought I liked Panda Bear's Tomboy before i heard the vinyl; but man that could be up in my top 20 now! 

Also if you can get your hands on either of The Olivia Tremor Control's albums, definitely go for it, some of my favorite psychedelic music and they did a great job with this reissue 

Yes, I have a friend who's copy I'm trying to buy of it. Only for side two of course:p

12. Check out some old Moody Blues....headphones a must...

13. Brian Eno ....music for airports, like what the cosmonauts listen to on M.R.I (mir)

14. +1 for moody blues

Muddy waters, too.

15. #18 cjgentry0803, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    <sup>Anything from the 70's like Soft Rock, Rock, Metal, Pop and even Country music. Everytime i hear something from the 70's when i'm high, it always makes me think "oh yeah, this artist definitely made this song or album to get high to. Probably cause the the band or artist was high while recording it.</sup>

16. The doors, bob marley, Tom petty, Dave Matthews band, sublime, nirvana, pink Floyd, Beatles, pearl jam, Elton John, the who, led zeppelin, outlast, j dilla,

17. If you like Pink Floyd, I'd check out The Alan Parsons Project. IRobot is probably their best album.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum