Recording

Discussion in 'General' started by iBlazed, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Is everyone in recording studios just really high? Cause it seems that every artist/album/song I listen to, there's something in the song that's just REALLY AWESOME when I'm stoned as fuck. This perception is made more intense when I'm listening to a genre like dub, or sometimes indie albums that were made when high as fuck. Tons of jazz seems even better too.

Maybe every single musician just tokes hard when they make music, so they can write this intense shit that sounds amazing to people that are high as fuck.

Does this make sense? I'm really stoned. :smoking:

2. If you like it when you're sober, you'll like it twice as much when you're high. Not all artists smoke but a fair majority of them do. A lot of the producers who make the beats smoke as well.

3. Weed is a huge source of inspiration in my tracks, and I'll usually smoke a bowl or two before starting a song in the studio. :)

4. I can answer this question easy.

Yes, a very high percentage of musicians are drug addicts and a LOT of them smoke weed.

I'm a recording engineer and have seen and met tons of musicians and others who smoke weed like mad. lol. At least one person in every 3 bands smokes weed, probably more like at least one in every 2 bands really.

The music industry has many secrets...the drug market is one of em ;). Generally in the realm of producer/artist relationships and such, but yeah, some people get paid in weed...heck I've been paid in a big ass J for doing some live sound stuff.

5. Well, my setup is at home and well..I mean... :bongin::bongin:

Just go down the list of great musicians and most do.

I feel like any free-form stuff almost HAS to be.

6. Can I shoot you a PM regarding this man?