Recording music on your computer

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by alicedee07, Jun 11, 2009.

1. To those of you who record your own music on your computer, I was wondering what kind of software you guys use. Right now I use REAPER and I hear Cakewalk is good, but the thing is there are soooo many cakewalk softwares I have no idea which to download, and the REAPER I have is only a trial version. I need something to use for free. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Hey man, I record some of the music I write on my computer and I usually use garageband, which came on my mac

However, if you dont have that, you can download a program called audacity for free online --> Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

It's not professional software or anything, but it gets the job done

3. name a good recording program and I may be able to hook you up ;)

4. I use Pro Tools 8 but u have to have digidesign hardware too

5. #5 ghast, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Reaper is the best free recording program. Hands down.

And the trial never expires. You just get a 6 second splash screen after 30 days.

6. Oh sweet! I'll probably just use that then

7. Pro tools is the way to go

Cubase is good too

8. Check out Cool edit pro as well, thats always fun

9. Sony Acid Pro 6.0 is the shit.Does basically everything you need.Records Midi,Mics,Rca inputs,what ever interference you use.Its a professional software without all the complications of other programs imo.

10. protools is sick, except its pretty expensive as you need to buy software and hardware for it, and its all pretty spendy stuff

11. co-sign Reaper is the truth!! it never expires u can use it free forever

12. If anyone in here has a Pro Tools, Fl Studio 8, Sony Acid, etc cracked link they wanna give me in a PM, it would be nice :smoking:

13. If you plan on recording actual instruments FL Studio is out. It's built solely for techno and has the editing abilities of a 5 year old. Acid just plain sucks.

I love pro tools and cubase but there are no stable cracks available for the new versions.

14. Apple Logic Studio.

The best.

15. Honestly Acid isn't that bad once you get used to it. And try using the piano roll on FL Studio, its more than just techno. I mean they aren't the greatest programs but you can still make good beats on them. I just need a program that isn't a demo for when I'm at my house for the next few weeks until I can get Pro Tools off my co-worker.

I use Cubase but thats only when I'm workin at the lab. And its on Mac and I'm a PC so....

16. Whaaaaat.....that shit is illegal. I do NOT do illegal things.

17. Yet here you are on a forum centered around Marijuana :)