Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RECOMMENDED STRAINS for high cbd cbn for Trigeminal Neuralgia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JamieBaker, May 27, 2015.

1. Folks,

Looking for recommendations on some quality strains for a home-grow to treat Trigeminal Neuralgia. 

Thanks!

2. http://grannystormcrowslist2014.webs.com/ here is Grannys list.. The most comprehensive list of it's kind for cannabis..

3. Thanks.. Do you have any particular strains you would recommend? 

4. <sup> Symptoms of Tic Douloureux</sup>
    <sup>The pain may be a tearing, darting, or sharp cutting sensation that occurs in a portion of the face, typically on one side.  An attack may last for seconds or a few minutes, and its intensity may make one contract the facial muscles, hence the term tic.  Episodes may recur for days or weeks or months.
    Often, there are trigger zones - spots on the face or certain movements - that precipitate the pain.  These may include smiling, talking, chewing, brushing one's teeth, or blowing the nose.  Although the pain may be incapacitating, it is not life-threatening.  Attacks come and go variably, but periods of remission may grow shorter as one ages.
    Because it is easy to mistake the pain for a toothache, people suffering from trigeminal neuralgia often consult a dentist.  The result in many cases is inappropriate and often irreversible treatment, including tooth extraction, splints to readjust the jaw position, and root canal surgery.</sup>

\t<sup>Symptom Treatment</sup><sup>There are many unusual diseases that do not respond well to conventional medicines.  TN is one of these.  There is always intense body pain.   Vaporized cannabis gets into the system the fastest!  It takes Marinol a full hour to reach full system effect.   However,  a cannabis extract taken orally is my best recommendation.  (20 mg. of THC is stronger than 120 mg. of Codeine).  CBD protects nerve cells and acts as an anti-oxidant.  THC and CBD together  treat pain. Cannabichromene (CBC) is an anti-inflammatory that contributes to the pain killing effects of cannabis.   Better to use the whole plant extract rather than use a synthetic of either.  Repeat every four (4) hours as needed.  There has never been a documented THC overdose (fatality).  The effective dose of THC is at least 1,000 times lower than the estimated lethal dose.  1,500 pounds of cannabis would have to be smoked in under fourteen (14) minutes to overdose.  Daily dosage of cannabis:  vaporized or taken orally stops the symptoms of Tic Douloureux.</sup>
    <sup>Sativas have  elevated cannabidiols-showing greater immune enhancing abilities, more stimulating psychological effects.</sup>
    <sup>Indicas have elevated cannabinols-showing more narcotic effects, stronger pain relievers and relaxing  effects.</sup>

<sup>Best Strain:  William's Wonder.  Because of the terrible head pain with this disorder, Any Sativa X hybrid (sativa x indica) hybrid.</sup>

<sup>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</sup>

<sup>http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-1</sup>
    That is bad kats canna oil thread,, I have a recurring nerve spasm from 3 rounds of abdominal-colon surgeries that I use cannabis to control quite successfully.. My father in law has suffered with TGN a good part of his life and while not currently suffering any symptoms I would not hesitate to try cannabis on him to see if it would provide some relief.. Personally any strain smoked works like an opening hand on the clenched fist knot of pain in my old scar line.. Under 15 seconds for relief in all cases..
      I've learned if I keep a background level in my system I'm unlikely to have an episode much like the epileptic sufferers are learning to use it for control.. I use kats oil caps on a daily basis now as they are a most effective way of getting medication into your system

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html/page-124#entry21735600  Dry Ice hash tech

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html/page-124#entry21739135 Canna oil tech.. This can be done with high grade powdered bud if you can't source hash.. Various alterations to the cooking time change the way this works with longer processing converting much of the THC to CBD-CBNs..

Hope that helps  BNW