Recommended strain for beginner.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ThaiTaniumKush, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Got everything collected. Now looking for a recommended strain for a beginner. Like an absolute beginner. I've been looking at some kush because apparently they are really good at being mold resistant and easy to grow for a beginner. Just want to know some other strains for a newb.:devious:

2. bagseed ftw. trust me. its better to start with that for your first grow. if you want to get a legit strain, get northern lights. but most people use bagseed. that way if you burn the plants or something you dont waste a lot of money. i hear sensiseeds is supposed to have a really good northern lights strain. you can find it on the attitude.

3. The difference in difficulty between growing two different plants is usually negligible. They're all weeds and grow like weeds. Imho you'd be better off choosing a strain based on what type of high you like & what kind of yield you need to supply all of your own smoke.

4. #4 atsmith, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    some plants are harder to burn thats for sure. I would definitely recommend NLxBigBud to a beginner that has some common plant/marijuana knowledge. Its a super vigorous strain but still needs all the attention your willing to give it like any other plant. IF your a flat out beginner and have no plant or gardening knowlege then I would suggest running bagseed for sure.

edit, and im no pro thats for sure......NLxBigBud is just the most vigorous strain ive grown thus far. Its a champ for sure and I really wish I could keep some clones of her going.

5. I've gone through a seed of bag seed. Just was not happy with it since it came from a really shitty bag of bud(The only weed I could find with some seeds in it). I do have a natural green thumb though. Since the mother lives in a medical state and watched her grow and blah blah blah. So I think Ill go with the NLxBig bud. Then after something a little more High yielding. Since I smoke like a damn chimney.

6. that is gonna be a high yield strain, both lines are known to be producers.

7. if you have knowledge, get some durban poison. its some good shit. or, get some trainwreck from GHS.

8. Master kush/skunk special/papaya and blue mystic all are easy to grow and are around 70% indica so you will get a quick turn around (12 weeks) from seed to harvest in soil.
    These are just some of my favorites and are an easy grow and excellent smoke.
    :)

9. Goo is almost indestructible and a high yielder. I wouldn't recommend trainwreck as a beginner strain. My Lemon Wrecks are easy to burn and don't like being topped. If you have access to clones I'd say Green Crack is the easiest strain I've ever grown, followed by C99 and Pineapple Kush.

Big bud
    God Bud
    Master Kush are all good options too. The only Kush I'd stay away from is Blueberry. I've seen a lot of mold/bug problems with it and it's hard to clone.

10. I suggest new growers look into some of the old tried and true strains ..

like NL, Super Skunk, or White Widow.Pretty much every breeder out there has their version .. and pretty much every one of those versions is a twin to the next .

Besides most of us long time growers have grown em so we can help you get your grow discipline down pat, in 1 maybe 2 grows. with out having to worry about a new grower gettign sidetracked about the "flavor of eh week"

my .02
    Wharf

11. dude, you gotta start to realize most growers are not in cali and do not have access to things like Goo and C99..............

12. IMO a strain is a strain for a first time grower. Before anyone flames me all strains are not the same. But when you first start growing you shouldn't be trying to find the coolest or easiest one to grow. Because in the end it might die before harvest. For the first timer lets say they get big bud which is a pretty good yielder. Now is the grower does a beginner mistake and not give it the proper nutes it wont yield its potential so what was the purpose of getting big bud. Or if you get a strain that is high mold resistant when if the setup is correct there should be no need for that. So IMO go to a seed bank look at the pretty pictures and choose one that appeals to you because until you get you growing groove down a strain is a strain in the eyes of a noob.

13. All very informative. Although, the other day. I called my mother (sorry kinda a mama's boy) and asked her if she had some seeds laying around (since she always finds dank dank daaank bud). She said yeah. Easily over a hundred seeds. Like one of those Altoids tin full. Soooo I'm going to germ some seeds plant them. Take out the males and see what I get!

When I get everything set up in September 1st. Ill start a journal so I can get some help along the way ^^. Why September? Because I'll be moving into a new house and I don't want to start it all now then have to move everything again in 2 months. Yes I have everything just not assembled. All in boxes still.

14. dude, thats fucking great. most no name dank seeds have pretty good genetics behind them. i cant wait to see the grow:)

15. Me neither. Me and my mother one time got some dank that looked and tasted just like a raspberry and was a kush. So we respectively called it Raspberry kush. I hope there are some seeds in there from that QP. Like it was a raspberry purple and smelled like fresh picked raspberry tasted sweet like it and had a piny musky taste behind it with dense smoke. Real dense bud!

Glad it was the last great dank I smoked before coming to Thailand. If I get any of that I'm sure Ill be cloning the shit out of it.

Father put me in-charge of the garden at the new house that we are moving too 0.0
    He just doesn't have the time anymore.Love that my family is full of old heads. All my uncles cousins aunts even grandparents.

16. The easiest strain i have grown is ice it pretty much grows itself very hardy and resiliant there are a few seed banks that have ice but i found http://www.femaleseeds.nl was the best