Recommended scales

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Shauneh, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Aloha all

I've finally decided to buy a scale, in a price range between $30-$50. Any recommendations?

Buying one from any of Hawaii's head shops tend to be a little pricey, so I was thinking of ordering one online. I'm also gonna check out the head shop here in Red Bluff, CA while I'm here before I leave back to the islands. Since I've never actually owned one and have only used them a couple of times I figured I'd ask the Blades :).

On a side note, this reminds me of a funny story, a true stoner tale of victory for the little guy. A while ago I was forced to resort to an old dealer whose herb was okay, but I knew from the beginning his bud was a little light. He'd charge $20 for perhaps a little lighter than a gram. We phone and agree I'll buy an 1/8th for $60 (typical for bud in Hawaii). On this day I meet him in front of a McDonalds, and I'm expecting for him to just come to my car window, make the exchange, and leave. But no, today is different. He's with his source in the passenger seat, and they signal me to come in their truck to make the sale. Two quite large gentlemen, one German and the other Hawaiian, in a truck...

So I get into the truck with them, exchange greetings, and they show my bud, already in a baggie, but they also wish to show me their new scale. During this time I'm deliberately making it very apparent that this was my first encounter with a scale (which wasn't a lie). They take the bud from the baggie, place it on the scale, and it promptly reads "3.6 grams". Thank the universe, the dealer asks me if I wish to see his scale, with the bud still on it...

Smiling innocently, because I know what's going on, I humbly accept and place the scale on the middle council, seeming very FOB to the machine, and without missing a beat press the "reset" button, promptly followed by a shy "oops... What did I do? Oh, this is only 2.7 grams..." The dealer and his source go silent, but I swear I psychically hear them curse. Dismayed but not wishing to appear so, the source smiles and begins to put more bud on the scale, until it measures about 3.6 grams. We made the sale, I got high, and I never bought from either of them again.

2. #2 Justoner, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
    Gah, people are always trying to get over on somebody, even for the smallest shit. Weed's not cheap (...and illegal), dealers should at least have the decency to conduct respectable business, even if it is a black market.

But from what I've read, a lot of people praise the AWS Blade.

Oh yeah, +rep for not falling for their bullshit shenanigans.

3. I'd get one that measures 0.01g

4. not sure you'll find one that precise for the price he's looking at.

5. Triton T2 550 0.01 is unneeded just buy a calibration wieght no matter what you get

6. unless your dealing with powder 0.01 is pointless.

triton t2 is the way to go

7. Thanks very much for the input all! I'm ordering the Triton T2 now :).

8. AWS Blade.

9. You wont be dissappointed

10. Where do u get them?
    From amazon?

11. i actually have a blade and i would NOT recommend it unless your price range is under 30 bucks. don't get me wrong its not bad but unless i'm missing something it can't be recalibrated. mine has been serving for about a year and now its reading light (nickel weighs out at 4.8 instead of 5) and i can't fix it. my other gripe with it is that it turns itself off a little too quickly sometimes. of course i paid 15 bucks for it so i can't complain too much.