Recommendations for Grow box?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Derra, Jul 5, 2019.

1. I've been digging for a very specific kind of grow box, but I cant seem to figure out exactly which one to get, and how much I should be paying for it, My budget is around 500, but I also need the grow box to have the following:
    -Must be lockable
    -Around 3-4 ft.
    -Smell-proof, or close to it (carbon filter)
    -And the least amount of noise as possible, (not exactly a priority)
    PLEASE HELP!

2. How many watts are you looking to run? Are you thinking of building it yourself?

3. I've never actually considered building one myself. Do you think that would be cheaper? Some sites are saying I need 30 watts per sq ft., But I also don't wanna be an idiot and build an expensive fire hazard!

4. DIY is the way to go. When you say 3-4 ft, are you talking height or width?

5. Height wise.

6. 3-4 ft you’ll have to train the plants to be low and flat. Can’t go 5-6 ft at all?

7. I'm absolutely positive it will be much cheaper. Making it smell proof would be difficult though. If you want stealth and are ok with very small plants you could look into doing a pc case grow. Very cheap, very stealthy but ofc you gotta keep it really small. I wouldn't write it off. I've seen some grows this way and people get good weed and it seems like a lot of fun. I'd even do one if I didn't have to worry about stealth and had as much money as I could possibly spend.