Recommendations for a portable vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by venussuz, Oct 15, 2015.

1. I have a Buddha vaporizer for home use but my Ascent went missing two weeks ago. I love both of these but I'm looking to try something new. I don't mind a learning curve but prefer something that doesn't require much manual dexterity. I'm looking at a Crafty, Arizer Air or Pax 2 and would appreciate opinions on these or any other recommendations. I use dry herb almost exclusively and am looking to spend $100 to $200 on it. Inconspicuous is nice but not a must have as I don't travel much outside of areas where it's "safe" for me to vape.

Advice is much appreciated.

2. If you're looking to spend between 100 and 200 dollars, that leaves out the three vaporizers that you mentioned above, eh?

3. I predict you will get a lot of votes for MFLB.

By the way, I recommend MFLB. ;)

4. I have the original pax and love it. Works great, stealth look, and easy to use. I would recommend that, and its $200.

5. I listed those three because I found them on Ebay for $150 to $180 each. I didn't realize the Crafty and Pax 2 were used and sold without warranty. I'm not a fan of MFLB because the build quality seems like something I could do in my garage workshop. That and I didn't like the taste the two times I tried it. I'm likely spoiled by the taste of the Ascent. :(

6. In my opinion/experience, either of the Arizer portables (Solo or Air) will provide a comparable (if not superior) experience to your Ascent.

7. The air will be more efficient than the ascent. Also will have less cleaning and replaceable battery. The ascent taste was OK, dbv would likely be better due to the convection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. I really like the look of the Pax but the mouthpiece is a no go for me. After reading a LOT of posts on FC, I'm going with the Arizer Air, so thanks for the thumbs up on that, puddleglum and Markc05. I'm surprised to hear that it will be more efficient than the Ascent. Duh, just realized you likely meant in the way it conducts heat, not in the use of material. I'm really looking forward to using my new vaporizer, just wishing they counted as part of a medical benefits package, but no such luck.

Off to haunt the FC forums for the next few days. Thanks for the help.

9. I do believe the air to be more efficient, material and heater wise, than the ascent.
    If you are in the USA buy from a Canadian site to save $

10. I just bought the titan 1 recently. I know most of the reviews are shit, but mine didnt match up to any of those reviews. Mine works excellent. Very nice vape. Lots of room in the chamber too.

11. First post on GC! :)

The Crafty should deliver similar vape to my Mighty, and that is the smoothest vape I have ever inhaled; get the Crafty if you can, or if you find a few hundred extra bucks, just get the Mighty (if you don´t mind the extra size and weight). Both are very expensive though, but the build quality is excellent I think. I use less weed daily than I did with my Vulcano, and there is no noisy plastic bags (yay!).

12. Congrats on popping it, Highest75! I was very much inclined to get the Crafty, everything about it sounded great. Then I realized the one I was looking at was used and the real price is now $340. So I opted for the Air, tho I will likely be on the lookout for a new vape next year so I'll keep an eye out for announcements of new stuff here and on FC.

As you say, good build quality is important, which is why I don't buy these as soon as they come out, waiting for others to try them out then picking one up 6 months to a year later.