Recommendations for a first timer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by heatwave, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I'm very new to growing and looking for some tips on strains to start with. I don't think I want to go with anything that auto flowers because of the low yield, but I don't have much idea what to look for. I do recognize some of the strain names from seed shops, but I don't know much about growing the strains.

I'm going to be growing indoors, most likely using a rubbermaid box and CFLs, but I'm still researching the best way to set it all up. I'm looking for strains that work well with a setup like that, so they would need to not get too tall and not take too long to veg/flower. I'm fairly sure that I will be able to ventilate through the roof, so odor shouldn't be a big problem.

My plan is to start with one or two strains, figure out how everything works with those, and then experiment with others until I have a few preferred strains to stick with.

What strains (and seed shops to get them from) would you guys suggest?

2. your going to get low yields no matter what strain you grow,so auto-flowering strains are allways the best bet in small grow boxes unless your planning on using LST or SCROG methods.

3. i will definitely do SCROG or LST, but i haven't decided which yet. As long as it's doable in a semi-stealth closet (roommates don't care, someone visiting might), i'm willing to try it.

4. white widow is very good for both scrog and lst.anything with a fair amount of sativa will grow nicely in a scrog or lst type grow,with the exception of dwarfs.

5. i'll look for sativas then, thanks for the tip