Recommendations for a first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kill23joy, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I have the tent and everything I need to start. I just need help figuring out how many plants of what strain I should do for my first grow. Putting together a home made version of the bubbleflow bucket system. 400w MH for veg
    600w HPS for flower
    48"×48"×80" tent

2. Hi there pal,

Currently on my first grow with the exact same tent size as you have, you could probably do about four plants in there however it would be crowdy. I actually have only one plat which has been topped and put under scrog and its doing great. Im in 3gal smart pot using coco/perlite 70/30 and the plant is growing fast, if i were you i would do 1 plant and since you're going hydro it will grow alot quicker.
    I also have a SIPs system, (box filled with perlite as wicking material) and pot stands on top of perlite. Roots go through the smart pot at the bottom and go into the perlite where they get fresh water as needed. I still top feed once daily with nutes.
    6 weeks and 5 days since germination.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looking good. What strain?
    I was thinkingthiol 2 plants but I've read here and there about some people doing double digits in that tight little space. Def using the scrog as well

4. I'd recommend starting with an indica. Northern light's seems to be a relatively easy strain imo.

dilligaf

• Like Like x 2
  5. Im growing Jack herer, yes a sativa plant however it is a 50/50 mix with indica and as you can see my pheno is more indica. It seems to be working in my favor.
    However i do think that two plants could be managed much better than one and it will take less time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cool thanks for the input. Ready to grow :)

7. the foot print for a 600 is 3' x 3'. If you put more than 2 for that light, it will just crowd each other out. This is a case where less is more, especially if doing a scrog. I hope this helps

8. Was thinking the same thing man, i personally have a 300 watt LED which core coverage is 2 ft x 2 ft as the producer describes but the actual draw is 149 +-3% and would you guys think tht a second led the same wattage would be overkill in mid to late flower? Just to give more powerful lights to the buds when they strt forming?

• Like Like x 1
  9. So for 2 plants in a 4×4 tent what would you recommend?

10. You'd fit more then 2 in a 4x4. I'd go with autos as a first grow as they are fairly simple to grow if you have a little knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. I was looking at a strain called quick one or something like that. Supposedly 8 weeks to harvest doesn't get very big. Any of y'all know anything about that?

12. Don't listen to seed banks flowering times, I've had a 65 day strain go 90 days and most grow journals of quick strains go way over the given times.
    I can recommend "think different" as a decent auto. Pop into the "need help with autos" thread for some next level info on autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. top feeding daily with a SIP is counter-productive IMO

14. i'd second northern lights. im a relatively new grower too

stay away from red poison. its been the worst out of the strains ive grown.

ive done northern lights, black jack, girl scout cookies, lemon skunk, and red poison

15. Jimmy Carter, yes in your opinion. I top feed everyday as i would normally. The sip is there for days which I really dont have 1second to mix nutes etc. so I just throw some water into the sip container and go one with my day. So I kind of need it as daily feedings or at least waterings are necessary for this size of plant in a 3 gal smart pot in coco/perlite man.