Recommend soldering irons for lighting bowls

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Snapthatbowl, Jan 27, 2012.

1. I'm tired of using hemp wick and I hate using a lighter so I'm planning on changing to an iron to light my bowls.
    Just wanted to know if there are any particular irons I should look at or does a general soldering iron work just fine.

Thanks! :smoke:

2. Hakko or herb iron.

Hakko can be bought at fry's electronic online. (research before use)
    I believe herb iron can be found at its own website

3. Okay thanks, another question, will almost any soldering iron work or only those two specific brands. (I know herb iron is specifically made for bud but I don't like how it ha a chord)

4. anything with a ceramic tip.

5. ^^ this. For the hakko make sure it is the model which you can remove the metal tip to expose the heating ceramic. The metal contains harmful chemical to humans when inhaled so you don't want that.

6. Most (if not all) of the Hakko models are ceramic tipped. I got mine off frys.com, the Hakko 454. It's the cheapest one, but probably the most appropriate wattage.

It tastes infinitely better than a lighter or hempwick. I highly recommend it.

7. Is it harmfull to use a metal solderding iron? I've used one about 30 times in my life... Most of the time i'd file it down until it's shiny before each use.

8. [quote name='"FreedomIsSmoked"']Is it harmfull to use a metal solderding iron? I've used one about 30 times in my life... Most of the time i'd file it down until it's shiny before each use.[/quote]

I mean I can't tell you for sure, it depends a lot on the metal, but I highly recommend against it, as it could be toxic. You're obviously alive though, so that's a plus, but I don't recommend you ever do it again.