Recommend me some Running Shoes

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Fei, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hey Blades,

So I tore my ACL 9 months ago and have only recently gotten back into running/jogging. I've mostly been biking but think that running is now necessary for getting back to 100%.

I'm in awful shape and almost died on my most recent run. One thing that I noticed was how heavy/sweaty/uncomfortable my feet get when I'm on a run. I've been wearing an old pair of tennis shoes that I used to use a couple years ago.

So blades, I need those of you know know anything about running / running shoes to help me out and suggest a good pair for me..

I was eying the Mizuno Universe 3 (Mizuno Wave® Universe) which only weighs 3.8 oz.
    I was also looking at the Puma Faas 300 (Faas 300 Running Shoes - PUMA Online Shop)

I'm completely ignorant in the subject of running shoes and would gladly take any suggestions. I'm looking for a light and breathable running shoe that looks cool and can double as a regular everyday shoe that I can wear around anywhere.

Thanks for the help guys,
    Fei

:hello::hello::hello:

2. I live in a city and the trails that I can run on are covered in sharp rocks and glass. And I don't want to run laps around a grass field, I want to run the trails. Thanks for the recommendation though.

3. bare feet,lol

4. I've owned Mizuno Waveriders in various incarnations for years. The main reputable brands are Asics, Brooks, Saucony, and Mizuno. You should stop by a local running store and have them recommend a shoe. They will have you run and then will analyze your form. Generally shoes fall into the categories of "cushioning" or "motion control". Pure cushioning shoes have very little of the stiff grey polymer that you often see around the bottom, while motion control shoes have varying amounts of it. Generally motion control refers to controlling pronation (rolling the foot from the outside inward during each foot strike) or supination (rolling the foot from the inside outward during each foot strike). You can judge this for yourself by inspecting the wear pattern on the bottom of your older shoes. Like I said, though, stopping by a local running shop is always the best option.

5. Run barefoot with some socks on. That would be the best option and I fucking love it. Or you could get some of those 'barefoot' running shoes. Such as the ones from Reebok, they are called realflex and I love them also. You could also consider buying those 5 finger shoes, they're like gloves for feet. I don't know where you can buy them. Probably any shoe store or sporting store.

6. i too am looking for running shoes but i will be using them to hike and play basketball also lol