recommend me a vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by steezysmokah, Aug 3, 2013.

1. #1 steezysmokah, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
     I have asthma and I am getting tired of destroying my lungs from smoking so I would like to start vaporizing.  However, when i look for reviews/vapes online all I can find are portable vapes and volcano vapes.  I do not have access to concentrates so I really don't want a portable vape/pen.  Can anyone recommend a nice first time vape?  I'm not looking to spend tons of money. My max price would be around $250, but i'd prefer to spend less.

2. Da Buddah

Silver Surfer Vape

Extreme Q

Those vaporizers will get you high.

3. #3 lwien, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013

While these are great vapes, being that he is dealing with asthma, I think he would be better off with a vape that does bags with a higher air to vapor ratio that would be less stressful on his lungs.

At the OP's price point, I'd suggest this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmYLBRBvyRE#at=30

4. Thanks for the responses guys I will look into those. To everyone else, keep the suggestions coming! 

The VB would have the same issues as the Buddha and the Silver Surfer mentioned above.  Good vape, but again, I think it may have a vapor to air ratio that is too high for someone with asthma.

6. I have asthma, box vapes always worked fine for me. In fact, I found them more useful because you could control the size of every hit by breathing heavier/lighter. 

I honestly don't like the angle that the VB has, the weed is too susceptible to falling to the heater (I know there is a screen there but still). I do like the quality and the fact that it's wood, but there are other whip style vapes out there. I agree with you though you can control your air to vapor ratio a lot better with a whip style vaporizer.

8. Keep in mind that the EQ has three fan settings, decreasing drag. 

tis true, I find if theres at least .1 is packed in well, it wont start to crumble until towards the end of the bowl. I do stir my bowl and repack every other hit though so thats probably why I don't encounter that problem towards the end. If anything is lost inside it falls right out when you flip it over, I'm very fond of its simple design. Anways I'm just baked and rambling. The one Lwein posted looked cool, do you know anyone who has used one?

No, I wish I did though. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you got it, the Herbalaire looks just as durable as a Da Buddha without the glass to break so it probably has its ups and downs compared to both the VB and DBV.

11. Definitely all high end vapes, whatever you do OP stay away from any cheap chinese made imitations. They can be bad for your health and dangerous.

I'd like to add a link to that, a blade not too long ago got multiple chemical sensitivity from using 3 cheap chinese vaporizers. You can read about that here.

13. I would say that the Pax vaporizer is the best portable "plant material" vape on the market. I work in a head shop and I purchased one for my mom last week. We love the simplicity of using the Pax and the intensity of the vape. I had never vaped previously, and now I am hooked. It costs about $250 but you can get 20 draws off 0.3 grams of plant material. I have been a smoker for the last 10 years, and after 4 draws I felt like it was my 1st time again. Hope this helps.  :)

There are many Pax owners who would disagree with you. 

15. Thanks guys! I'll be sure to research all of the suggestions

16. How can you declare a vape the "the best portable "plant material" vape on the market" when you go on further to say that "I had never vaped previously"

So you can declare something the best with out any comparison to the other vapes in its class? The pax is a good vape but lets get real here.

17. My favourite Vape is a normal bong with a hot air gun( steinel HL1910 E ). Cost about 50,- Euro.
    Put a screen above the weed, start inhaling ( so the screen can not fly away ) and place the gun above the weed.

Only 2 things you should know:
    1. The hot air gun should have a temperature between 200 and 250 degrees.
    2. The bong should have a "head" that is big enough to place the gun on it.
    That´s all. Cheap and good.

18. Seriously just go the fuck away.