Recommend Me A T5 Light Fixture

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Individuality, May 8, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. I am looking to get a 2 foot x 4 bulb T5 Lighting Fixture. I have never used these lights and I dont know the good brands. If some one could recommend me one that would be awesome thanks. I had been looking at the HTG ones.

2. Sunleafs is the t5 that I use and never had a problem at all had it for a year never changed bulbs. And still get grate growth

3. I just bought the Hydrofarm designer T5. I got the 2' x 8 bulb though. It's a very nice unit. You can get the same (functionally) thing in a fixture without the round corners and all for a bit less, too. I like the idea of the extra outlet on the fixture, so I can plug in other devices/lights to use the same time cycle as the light itself.

T5 Designer Fluorescent System 2 Foot - Greners.com

Commercial T5 Fluorescent System - 2 Foot - 2,4,8-Tube - T5 Fixtures: 2 Feet - Fluorescent Grow Lights - Grow Lights & Equipment - Greners.com

4. I just bought the Hydrofarm designer T5. I got the 2' x 8 bulb though. It's a very nice unit. You can get the same (functionally) thing in a fixture without the round corners and all for a bit less, too. I like the idea of the extra outlet on the fixture, so I can plug in other devices/lights to use the same time cycle as the light itself.

T5 Designer Fluorescent System 2 Foot - Greners.com

Commercial T5 Fluorescent System - 2 Foot - 2,4,8-Tube - T5 Fixtures: 2 Feet - Fluorescent Grow Lights - Grow Lights & Equipment - Greners.com

5. I had a hydrofarm t5 and the ballst when out in it 3 weeks after I got it so I went to the sun and have had no prob with it

6. I have the htg t5 ho light 2 footer and its a great light for vegging but I went to a 250 watt hps for flower with the flower bulbs in the t5 it just didnt have the intensity of the hps and im growing in a homebox xs so I couldnt go with a bigger t5 setup.

7. Do you know what the difference is between the $120 4 bulb 2 foot T5 and the $70 HTG 4 bulb 2 foot T5.

They seem like the same just with a higher price label

I am going to be growing in a Sterilite Container <<That one.

I was either going to go for the 4 bulb 2 foot T5 fixture, I will be using the light I choose for both flower and veg.

I like the T5 but would it just be smarter to use a LED ufo? Get bigger buds and just add a cfl or two with the ufo. I am looking into either of these as options now.

I cant go with a hps for this because I'm pretty sure it would just melt the box. And I have that in my tent anyway.
    ^^^^^like this

8. If you want a ufo then I would say go with a prosoures there some of the nices I've seen and I'm going to try one just for fun but I do run hps for flower

9. htg supply Tek 4 T5 lights

10. You can get a Lighthouse Blackstar 100watt "ufo like" LED light from Gotham Hydro on ebay. I just got a couple 240w flowering lights from them. Pretty nice lights and excellent customer service.